Strata Florida and Sarn Helen this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Here's the best of the bunch, bearing in mind that a lt were taken whilst driving (manual gearbox too)
    Cracking pics Rob - well done that man!!!
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
      Thanks mate, they're not bad considering the conditions, I'm just trying to salvage something from the web cam video, I think I got the white balance all wrong, so it's too bright, and there's no detail on the terrain, real shame.
      I always got the same problem with my webcam. I think what's needed is a more expensive type with wider dynamic range and automatic aperture. The range of light conditions out there is too wide cos you go from brilliant sunshine to dark forests, and the cheaper cams just cant cope.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Wow great pics. Looks like you all had a great time. Have to join ya sometime.
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
          Wow great pics. Looks like you all had a great time. Have to join ya sometime.
          I do seem to recall we offered a place to you...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            I do seem to recall we offered a place to you...

an like I said - gutted - was already booked on the other
            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

I always got the same problem with my webcam. I think what's needed is a more expensive type with wider dynamic range and automatic aperture. The range of light conditions out there is too wide cos you go from brilliant sunshine to dark forests, and the cheaper cams just cant cope.
              Agreed, my cam cost £12, so can't expect miracles.

I looked at some "proper" type cams, and they can cost hundreds of £'s but I think I cocked up the white balance on the initial set up, some of which I managed to salvage on windws movie maker, but a better cam is definately in order for next time, although I'd rather spend the money on a lift for the truck
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

theres some great vids and pics guys.gutted i couldnt be there for this one.(but on the other hand it might of taken you twice as long).so will there be any more trips this year.????? andy you need to get some longer shocks.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                  so will there be any more trips this year.?????

andy you need to get some longer shocks.
                  You twisted my arm! When do you reckon? I quite fancied doing the North Wales one (happy valley area) North to South some time soon, and maybe Sarn / Strata the next day.

Next one I was gonna do (before you made me decide to do another before then) was gonna be an early winter one, perhaps do some in darkness. Saw some great places to camp. Boyo, did you notice those people camped by the river (by the sheep pens) half way along Sarn Helen? That would be good...

Re. the longer shocks... you dont say!!!

I'll flog my less than a year old 3000s (Tony only put them on last october) and buy some +4" ones. Plus I think I'll take off my front ARB too, and get used to the LR Disco type handling

Comment

You twisted my arm! When do you reckon? I quite fancied doing the North Wales one (happy valley area) North to South some time soon, and maybe Sarn / Strata the next day.

Next one I was gonna do (before you made me decide to do another before then) was gonna be an early winter one, perhaps do some in darkness. Saw some great places to camp. Boyo, did you notice those people camped by the river (by the sheep pens) half way along Sarn Helen? That would be good...

Re. the longer shocks... you dont say!!!

I'll flog my less than a year old 3000s (Tony only put them on last october) and buy some +4" ones. Plus I think I'll take off my front ARB too, and get used to the LR Disco type handling
                    while your there put 9000s on all round makes for better handling with no front or rear arbs.we have the rtts coming up in a few weeks so the shirlster and i are up for it again any time after that.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

North Wales - lets do Wayfarer, Whitestones and a few others, then drive over the mountains, along to Strata and home from there......
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                        North Wales - lets do Wayfarer, Whitestones and a few others, then drive over the mountains, along to Strata and home from there......
                        Where about was it again? We could probably string them together for a BIG weekend.

I'll be in the land of the working again though, which means I wont be able to leave til 4pm on Friday, AND will have to be back Sunday night.

Oh to be independently wealthy. The life of a bum suits me

Comment

Where about was it again? We could probably string them together for a BIG weekend.

I'll be in the land of the working again though, which means I wont be able to leave til 4pm on Friday, AND will have to be back Sunday night.

Oh to be independently wealthy. The life of a bum suits me
                          let us know when youve decided on the next trip.where and when hopefully by then the 1st gens engine will be well and truly sorted,and a few other subtle mods will be finished and or under way.theres just something about the strata,could do it every wkend and not get bored with it.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                            let us know when youve decided on the next trip.where and when hopefully by then the 1st gens engine will be well and truly sorted,and a few other subtle mods will be finished and or under way.theres just something about the strata,could do it every wkend and not get bored with it.

Hang on a minute - you've just used the words subtle, and mods in the same sentance......

Wayfarer starts (as does Whitestones) in Llanarmon Dyffren Ceriog - there are two hotels there, and my parents are about 10 miles away. If they are out, we can use the house, otherwise, we can camp locally (just up the road is a good site) and use the folks place for showers and breakfast - they won't mind a bit.

I can send you the coords if you like - then we can look at how to get from there to Strata using as little tarmac as possible.....

Comment

Nice Pics

Nice pics dad! Also i enjoyed the weekend we went on that was great!
                              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by cal360
                                Nice pics dad! Also i enjoyed the weekend we went on that was great!

Hi Cal - great job you did with the gates - glad to see you had a good time too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X