No announcement yet.

Oh no! Not again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard his mates talk on the radio, sometimes its just a sh!t world we live in. New rules and governments need to be introduced, If david cameron keeps on talking sense hes in danger of getting elected!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      I heard his mates talk on the radio, sometimes its just a sh!t world we live in. New rules and governments need to be introduced, If david cameron keeps on talking sense hes in danger of getting elected!!
      im glad he decided to forget the "hug a hoodie" thing,
      whoever gets tough with this issue has my vote. some commentators say we are in danger of descending into anarchy,seems to me we already there
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Death penalty fo child killers!
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

That old chestnut again...

I dont think we need to entertain death penalty for anything really. I honestly believe that it would increase the amount of murders as side effects of other crimes to decrease the amount of witnesses.

Anyway, we had respect for authority in this country in 70's when I was growing up (and we didn't have capital punishment) and at the age to get into trouble. I didn't cos I was sh1t scared of the police, and of getting a belt from my parents or my teachers!

I have a plan...

1) Anyone fit for work, of working age is given a job which will pay for rent and food. If they dont do it, they starve. Simple. No freebies for those who GENUINELY dont need them. This would make it easier to provide for our pensioners and disabled - the people who, in a modern society we really do need to support.

2) The money saved on handouts goes to build bigger / more prisons.

3) Remove all TVs / cinemas / gymnasiums / pool tables etc from prisons, bring back mail bag sewing etc.

4) Anyone caught carrying a knife - automatic year in prison - no parole.

5) Anyone caught carrying a gun - automatic five years in prison - no parole. Or send the f*ckers to Iraq / Afghanistan where people are gonna shoot back!

6) Anyone committing minor crime - community service under chain gang type supervision - litter collection / public area gardening - instil pride in the community.

7) Serious crimes such as murder, rape or other violent crime. Sentences of 20 years plus up to life without parole. Believe me, if there was no hope of release, people would think twice!

We need to get tough before we are overrun with scum.
          Last edited by Apache; 24 August 2007, 00:09.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

We need to get tough before we are overrun with scum.

Gets my vote !

I must admit that I get a little hacked off when people roll out the old chestnuts about the death penalty and National Service ......

The reintroduction of the death penalty would quickly degenerate into the situation they have in the States - appeals lasting decades wasting huge amounts of public funds and then major compensation payouts cos they hung the wrong guy !

National Service cannot possibly work in our current society as there'd be an uproar the first time somebody got shouted at - not to mention all the litigation that would result from so called 'bullying'. The ridiculous thing is that IF attitudes in our society changed enough to make National Service viable then it wouldn't be necessary .....

The hoody issue makes me laugh a little, one of my boys occassionally wears an old hoodie of mine - it's around 15 years old and has my former regimental crest on it !

Our politicians seem very keen on public pronouncements and knee jerk reactions rather than actually doing something positive. Locally the coppers have introdced a system where officers and CSO's actually spend time walking about on their patch - amazingly enough the incidence of petty crime and vandalism etc has plummeted. I'm in the happy (?) position of having three 14 year olds who have reached the stage where all they want to do is hang out with their mates - they've lost count of the number of times they've been stopped by community support officers and coppers just because there's a group of them together. Fortunately they're bright enough to understand that the authorities can't distinguish between a bunch of kids hanging out and a bunch of thugs intent on mischief.

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 24 August 2007, 01:36.
            Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Just watched the inteview with the parents on Sky...

What the f*ck has gone wrong in this country eh? Why dont the people in power get off their arses and DO something about this sort of thing? I'm sick of this governments little soundbites and knee jerks.

They need to get HARD with the scumbags and make examples of someof them instead of rolling out 'initiatives' and 'statistics'. The statistic they've just rolled out is 'overall crime figures are down'. That isn't gonna bring back that poor mother and father's 11 year old son back!

I grew up about 4 miles from where this happened and know the area, so this occasion has really got to me.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
              X