Handling Change with body lift?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling Change with body lift?????

I was wondering if a 2" body lift would affect the handling on my truck at all? It cant help it look any better because its burgundy and that is insurpassable
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
    It cant help it look any better because its burgundy and that is insurpassable
    Quite so!

You'll want to watch out for the drop bracket - you may find you'll snap the bottom of it off - like I did, and you will wallow around bends when that happens -

You will notice a difference, and you'll approach bends a lot more slowly to start with, but I had a 1.5" body lift and 4" suspension lift at the same time.....oh yeah, and LC springs fitted...
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I was wondering if a 2" body lift would affect the handling on my truck at all? It cant help it look any better because its burgundy and that is insurpassable
      it wont make alot of differance to handling but you may just get a little extra body roll but not alot i wouldn't think.i got a 5-6" lift with no arbs and i get a little extra body roll with that but i quite like like that
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Whats the drop bracket then? So i can look out for not snapping off said bottom of it.

Already put in 2" spring spacers on back just to give it a slightly higher back end.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Whats the drop bracket then? So i can look out for not snapping off said bottom of it.

Already put in 2" spring spacers on back just to give it a slightly higher back end.
          the bit hanging down from the chassis where the panhard rod bolts to.and it will effect your handling coz of the greater c of g.but like richard said it shouldnt be to much just adjust your driving technique to account for the lift.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Ok never mind, im not sure i follow the description. Bottom line is be carefull not to brake anythin and drive slow around corners. Gotcha thanks everyone
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Ok never mind, im not sure i follow the description. Bottom line is be carefull not to brake anythin and drive slow around corners. Gotcha thanks everyone
              and make sure you take a good line offroad.......

Comment

Thanks mate, will do that i hear srtts is a good start for a novice off roader.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks mate, will do that i hear srtts is a good start for a novice off roader.
                  Yeah - you coming down for that??

Let me know - I'm trying to sort out a convoy

Comment

Maybe, 625 miles for me, thats alot of veg oil, i have 2 tanks though
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Let me know then, if you have a CB I'll be on Ch 39 - if not, you'll need to let me know your cell phone number so we can arrange the meeting place on the way down...

Comment

Carl,if you fancy somethin closer to home theres Drumclog at the end of September,great event with somethin for eveyone 2 tanks...show off.
                        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
                          Carl,if you fancy somethin closer to home theres Drumclog at the end of September,great event with somethin for eveyone 2 tanks...show off.
                          Oh yes snort snort, i have the twin tank valved up heated automatic switch controlled quick purging veg kit, which aloows me to run ma truck on anything liquid based.

Will let you know mudsurfer, ma wife is up the duff and may not get such libertys

Drumclog sounds a good idea aswell(more realistic) There any smooth and sticky there?
                          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Gotta go now wife chewin my ear. Cheers chaps.
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
                              Ha! Tanks are obsolete since this thing! No matter if you have 2 or 200!

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X