No announcement yet.

Handling Change with body lift?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again, have decided to go with a set of spring spacers from tonyn, he found some whilst rummiging aroung his gibbles. As I have fitted uprated springs from milners, i should end up 3" above stock when finished.

Torsion bars are already up so I think it will look superb!!! Will post before after pics, And i dont care if no-ones interested :-)

This may help to avoid some of the handling issues with body lift, and its a damn sight easier to do.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
      Back again, have decided to go with a set of spring spacers from tonyn, he found some whilst rummiging aroung his gibbles. As I have fitted uprated springs from milners, i should end up 3" above stock when finished.

Torsion bars are already up so I think it will look superb!!! Will post before after pics, And i dont care if no-ones interested :-)

This may help to avoid some of the handling issues with body lift, and its a damn sight easier to do.
      Ha ha love it......
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
        Good advice, cheers chaps, off to bed now for half an hour of: no get off me, im not in the mood, leave me alone", and then sleep.

Nite fella's
        Ha ha ha

is that you or wht you will hear?
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Well you see sometimes we get so excited about something we will talk about it until someone falls into a coma! Youll get pics, and youll all pretend to like them.

Oh and how did i get semi pro surfer status? Is it cos of ow many posts ive done? or is it cos I am super brilliant?

Me thinks its the number of posts. How do the spring spacers sound Bibs? My fellow 2/3 door burgundy bin driver
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
            Ha ha ha

What I will hear my friend, you see i am very unusually able to give you an exact date for when my baby's due, cos we only ever done it once! Maybe a bit of an exaggeration
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Ill read your replys in the morning as i am up early for work, catch up tommorow.

Have a gudn, cheers chaps, ta ta now, think ill polish the truck first though.
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

you got the semi pro surfer for the amount of post you put up.You carry on posting like that you'll get the same name as a few of us seem to get and that POST WHORE...
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

What handling 'issues' are these?? I have LC springs, bodylift, no ARB etc and I haven't come across the 'issues' referred to.

In all seriousness, the Surf was never a sportscar (Urban Sporty my anus!) so if you dont have furballs in your head, you won't expect it to handle like one.

Lifting it simply makes something that was already slow, unresponsive and wallowy (compared to a normal car) into something slightly more wallowy - though really only slightly.

However you get your height, be that longer springs, or spacers, your CoG still gets higher so you get the same effects. Stop panicking and DO IT!!!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cool, going for 2" spacers on uprated springs, thanks to tonyn, and then when the back is suitably high, ill go for the 2" body lift, also thanks to good old Tony N.
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                      Ha ha ha

I have to do both sides of the conversation these days....the outcome is still the same though...
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Not the only one then, never mind! Women just dont like the best theyll ever have, and i dont know how to do anythin else.
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                        X