what do u all think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do u all think

hi chaps am readey to order a scoop for the surf, am thinking of gettin the subaru impreza STI replica, will it look right, am not sure, what do u lot think, its the one that leans forward at the front, but am facing it towads the screen, the ebay number is 17039502092 dont no how to post a link, so what do u think. mick

Originally posted by joymic
    hi chaps am readey to order a scoop for the surf, am thinking of gettin the subaru impreza STI replica, will it look right, am not sure, what do u lot think, its the one that leans forward at the front, but am facing it towads the screen, the ebay number is 17039502092 dont no how to post a link, so what do u think. mick
    if you go to ebay look for it again n at the top youll see the link right click on it then press copy then paste it in when you write your thread if you look at top now youll see www hiluxsurf uk/forumsblahblahblah youll see same when you go ebay

Comment

If it's the same one as this it'll look like well,,,,,,,,, this!, only other way round
      Attached Files
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Here it is

ps the number is 170139502092
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

nice one ian, when u fitted it did u replace the struts u had to cut out or was it ok, i need to cut a 10 inch hole to fit a kenlowe fan, what am thinkin is just fit the scoop without the fan an see how it is , then if needed get the fan, what u think, an cheers trev missed out a 1 in the number.

Comment

nice one ian, when u fitted it did u replace the struts u had to cut out or was it ok, i need to cut a 10 inch hole to fit a kenlowe fan, what am thinkin is just fit the scoop without the fan an see how it is , then if needed get the fan, what u think, an cheers trev missed out a 1 in the number.
            You mean the struts on the bonnet? no, thought it was going to be really flimsey but it aint too bad especially since i already cut two holes for the extractor vents and lost a bit of braceing there as well, droops a little opposite side to the stay bar but not bad, cant remember off hand the size of the hole i cut but it wer'nt far off 10 inches, a 9" kenlow type fan just fits under it, have you fitted an intercooler or is this to let hot air out?, either way i suppose a fan would be better than none,
            Attached Files

Comment

yes mate its just to let the hot air out, when i was towing the van up a long hill it crept up to just under the red, so i pt the heater on full and it went down strait away, still thinkin about the intercooler if that what it takes to sort it i will, what do they cool? is it water or the trans/oil because the trans/oil light came on once.

Comment

No, an intercooler just cools the air comeing from the turbo to the inlet, cooler (dense'er)air going in= more power, well thats the idea anyway, if you just want to help cool the engine down a bit there's several things you can do, one of which is what your planning, hole in the hood vent and possibly a fan, also fit a switch in the back up fan (the one on the front) so you can flick it on manually, dead easy to do, just cut the wire that goes to the sensor on the water filler neck, and join two wires to each end and feed em to a toggle switch in the cab, i've rewired the whole thing thanks mainly to mattf, fitted two fans on the front and wired em so i have the option of on (auto) running on the engine sensor, off alltogether, and on manually, also rewireing useing a batt feed the fans will run on after the ign is turned off,
                (like normal cars) got a wireing diag if ya need it
                Attached Files

Comment

Very COLOURFUL IAN. Does it start
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    Very COLOURFUL IAN. Does it start
                    Hehe well! did'nt get far today mate, 10 seconds of cranking and dead as a doornail, it's been takeing about 8amps all day, got to go out later and switch it off for the night, try again tomorrow

Comment

Backbox will be full of RATS soon mate
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

am a dipstick!! read all the treads on it an never sussed that, the scoop u have? is what am goin for i think, looks cool on your truck, i suppose its a bit like surfiensteins as in size an that looks realy good, right ebay here i come, thanks ian for all u input. mick ps .. that truck of yours is goin to look the nuts when its finished.

Comment

yes mate its just to let the hot air out, when i was towing the van up a long hill it crept up to just under the red, so i pt the heater on full and it went down strait away, still thinkin about the intercooler if that what it takes to sort it i will, what do they cool? is it water or the trans/oil because the trans/oil light came on once.
                          If you're towing a lot fit a transmission oil cooler. The tranny is cooled by the same rad as the engine so they get overheated quite quickly.

For info - http://www.kenlowe.co.uk/oil-coolers...tic/index.html

I noticed my truck runs cooler since doing the body lift - I think air can flow over the tranny - the body doesn't insulate it so much.

As Ian says, the intercooler cools the air going into the engine. As the turbo raises the pressure (up to about 12psi) the air temp also rises. The intercooler dumps this heat before it goes into the engine.

I think you'll end up doing several mods - Every little helps!!!!!!!!
                          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                          X