Pay day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay day

Waahhoo - pay day an got £200 goin spare - what can I get for this (no funny stuff) for the Surf - Do I fix the clutch???? It works fine just noisy - or can I spend it elsewhere. Ideas please?
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Originally posted by Bibs
    Waahhoo - pay day an got £200 goin spare - what can I get for this (no funny stuff) for the Surf - Do I fix the clutch???? It works fine just noisy - or can I spend it elsewhere. Ideas please?
    Snorkel?

Sus lift or body lift - or both if you do it yourself
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Noisey clutch don't sound good especially if it's the original DM Flywheel!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Snorkel?

Sus lift or body lift - or both if you do it yourself
        Can I get a lift for that? thought they was more than that? Yeah I know ya said do it yaself but are the bits within that region?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Noisey clutch don't sound good especially if it's the original DM Flywheel!
          Not sure - noisy thrust bearin - lost the clutch pedal a few weeks ago gave it a few pumps an is fine - mechanic said it be fine (till it goes obviously) have £300 in bank ready for that though

Comment

Can I get a lift for that? thought they was more than that? Yeah I know ya said do it yaself but are the bits within that region?
            Yep. Springs £60ish, shocks £70ish

Bodylift is easy, and cheaper at around £75ish

Comment

Well that be it then - Lift here we come - where they from?

Comment

Well that be it then - Lift here we come - where they from?
                LC80 springs from Milners (if you want +3") or +2" springs from Roughtrax, and +3" ProComp shocks from Explorer UK.

You *might* need a panhard rod drop bracket - some people seem to need one. However, I dont. If I were you I'd do the lift and see if the body is central on the chassis - the maths says it should be.

The front is just a case on putting a dozen or so more turns on the torsion bars to lift it to match the back.

Jotto used to do bodylift kits. Not sure if he does anymore though.

Comment

LC80 springs from Milners (if you want +3") or +2" springs from Roughtrax, and +3" ProComp shocks from Explorer UK.

You *might* need a panhard rod drop bracket - some people seem to need one. However, I dont. If I were you I'd do the lift and see if the body is central on the chassis - the maths says it should be.

The front is just a case on putting a dozen or so more turns on the torsion bars to lift it to match the back.

Jotto used to do bodylift kits. Not sure if he does anymore though.
                  Cheers - you're a star - gonna check out Milners an Exploer uk now.

Comment

springs are hdj80 cruiser springs. if you can get them, go +4 shocks for more flex
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                      springs are hdj80 cruiser springs. if you can get them, go +4 shocks for more flex
                      Dnt you run out of travel the other way if you go too big on the shocks though?

Comment

Dnt you run out of travel the other way if you go too big on the shocks though?
                        Ooo now boys don't confuse me - what exactly do I need to buy?

Comment

£75 for shocks? Where abouts did you get yours mate?

I paid £155 del. For 4 +4" ES9000's from Explorer Uk. .

Bibs, You can use standard shocks with a 2" lift, Obviously limits travel, But as Apache said springs are not expensive.

chuck on a 2" body lift and your well away towards 33's and how surfs SHOULD look!

Comment

Ooo now boys don't confuse me - what exactly do I need to buy?
                            Torsion bar adjustment on front - +2" shocks,

HDJ80 Springs - +3" - +4" Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                              Torsion bar adjustment on front - +2" shocks,

HDJ80 Springs - +3" - +4" Shocks.
                              Now see that I can deal with - Has the electronicly adjustable shocks ( yes they do work) does this make a diff??

Comment

Working...
                              X