satnav NOooooooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copycat
    I agree that they are best used for finding addresses. When you're buying something out of the local papers etc it's much easier to just ask the address and postcode than let someone ramble on for five minutes giving you totally useless directions!
    Never ask passers-by. P.O or newspaper shop every time. It's rare they'll not know.

Comment

I think basically they are like mobile phones, I hate having to carry them around, and never have any private 'unreachable' time, but the one time you really need them they are life savers.

As for the sat nav, its hard to deny their usefulness, but I kinda liked being able to read a map, when most people seemed unable to. Now everyone has no excuse for ever being lost, and everyone can find the short cuts and small roads around the counrty. I'm no longer 'special'

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        I'm no longer 'special'

My truck would disagree with you there.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Aahhh, you'll always be special to us Tony....
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Got to say with mine (on a PDA) that I find it very useful when driving to places I haven't been before. Used it a month back to drive to the ferry port in North Shields. Apart from it not knowing about a new piece of road (showed us driving over fields) it took us exactly where we needed to go and gave better instructions than the road signs to get us to the destination. Mind you I always check the route on it first and compare it to a map to make sure it's not doing anything silly.
            Mike G

Comment

Working...
            X