Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slugsie
    OK...
    Might have to buy another Jerry, but that still means having to fill that first which seems a bit daft.
    Not if you want to avoid pouring vegoil down the side of the Surf it ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
      OK...

PB, yes, tried a funnel, but because of the angle of the filler cap, I found it a PITA.

Matt, I do have a Jerry can and spout, but it's full of diesel at the moment, and I want to keep that there. Might have to buy another Jerry, but that still means having to fill that first which seems a bit daft.

Dave, I've been looking round for something like that, where from and how much?
      Paul,
      check on ebay, i bought one for about £6. Use with a cordless drill. I`ve also seen all other types of syphon pumps.
      Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Not if you want to avoid pouring vegoil down the side of the Surf it ain't.
        Well, the body work around the filler cap is now very clean and non stick, so no mud there.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

I use a large oil funnel with a flexible nozzle, hung from the roof bars to keep the funnel at the right angle. Trying to find a square one which will sit better against the side of the truck...

I have to say, the plastic bottle in a cardboard box packaging doesn't pour that well
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
            I use a large oil funnel with a flexible nozzle, hung from the roof bars to keep the funnel at the right angle. Trying to find a square one which will sit better against the side of the truck...

I have to say, the plastic bottle in a cardboard box packaging doesn't pour that well
            Nope. At the moment I'm using a lid from one of the bottles that I have modified with a pipe connector and a length of pipe, and I use a knife to make a breather hole in the bottom once the bottle is inverted. Works OK, but it's slow, and not easy to stop quickly when I brim the tank - hence the spills.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBoard
              Have been buying 30l at a time from Notley Tescos near Braintree, no problem.
              But have now been to Makro now, cheaper @ 49p litre.
              looks like it's gone up there as well called at Makro in Sheffield Wednesday night cheapest they had was £10.98 for 20L so 55p a Litre.

Alan...

Comment

They have it in 10 litre plastic containers at our local tesco, works out at 53p a litre

Comment

Working...
                X