No announcement yet.

Trouble with Tesco's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£8.40 for a 15l drum in Tesco, £1.75 for 3l bottle + 10% off for mum's staff discount, also in tesco, if you're doing a big shop just hand in any product manufacturers vouchers whether you've bought the product or not, their tilling system doesn't check, it does check on Tesco's own vouchers though.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

3 Litre bottles are £1-69 over here.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        £8.40 for a 15l drum in Tesco, £1.75 for 3l bottle + 10% off for mum's staff discount, also in tesco, if you're doing a big shop just hand in any product manufacturers vouchers whether you've bought the product or not, their tilling system doesn't check, it does check on Tesco's own vouchers though.
        Just been to my local Tescos (Aldi and Lidl were a waste of time), and saw them drums. However, they work out at 56p/ltr. My Tescos also had 10ltr bottles of KTC oil (which I was buying in 15ltr bottles from Asda at 56p/ltr, it works well but no idea what type of veg oil it is) at 53p/ltr, so I bought all 6.

Also, Tesco are doing their spend £50, get 5p/ltr off on fuel again. So... buy £50 worth of veg oil, get voucher, buy normal diesel with voucher. Mucho savings. Plus Tesco clubcard points too, which will give vouchers for even more savings in future.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

I use Phillipo Berio extra virgin olive oil, it's £5.50 a litre, but my surf is special, and smells very italian now.........
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

just been shopping picked up another 15 litre drum + my 5p off a litre of diesel ,
            damn its never been so cheap to drive my surf
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

thats the stuff and no cholesterol so the surf wont put on the pounds
              john
              i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                Dohhh! Asked my wife to get 3 x 3 litre bottles of rapeseed or sunflower oil from Asda (I get confused very easily) and it worked out at 68p a litre! Should I have asked her just to get ordinary veggie oil?
                Originally posted by MattF
                That is ordinary veg oil. Asda are obviously just expensive.
                Hmmmmmm! I think I'll have to go and have a look myself as she said they had stuff just labeled 'vegetable oil' at only 59p a litre.

Never send a woman to do a man's work! (Look out, here come the ladies replies)
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                  Hmmmmmm! I think I'll have to go and have a look myself as she said they had stuff just labeled 'vegetable oil' at only 59p a litre.

Never send a woman to do a man's work! (Look out, here come the ladies replies)
                  Women.

Comment

Originally posted by johnd

john

no good for monster trucks no gm

Comment

Originally posted by johnd

john
                      Yup, that's the brand, but up here they seem to sell it in plastic barrels inside cardboard outer sleeves.

The only problem I've been having is getting the damn stuff into the Surf without a) taking bleeding ages, and b) getting half of it down the side of the Surf/tyres/drive way/ME!
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                        Yup, that's the brand, but up here they seem to sell it in plastic barrels inside cardboard outer sleeves.

The only problem I've been having is getting the damn stuff into the Surf without a) taking bleeding ages, and b) getting half of it down the side of the Surf/tyres/drive way/ME!
                        Have you tried using a large funnel?...................
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                          Get a 10 or 20 litre jerrycan with the pouring spout.

Comment

paul i use one of these go's on drill well fast and no mess

Comment

OK...

PB, yes, tried a funnel, but because of the angle of the filler cap, I found it a PITA.

Matt, I do have a Jerry can and spout, but it's full of diesel at the moment, and I want to keep that there. Might have to buy another Jerry, but that still means having to fill that first which seems a bit daft.

Dave, I've been looking round for something like that, where from and how much?
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

think i got it from machinemart aint got a clue about price

i have got another pump its only a cheap one just tested it and it works if you you want it, its yours pm me your address

Comment

Working...
                                X