Trouble with Tesco's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Tesco's.

Any of you lot had trouble buying anymore than 10 litres of veg oil from Tesco's. I have been refused twice now from buying it (chelmsford branch)inlarge amounts!! Must be some trade restriction!!

Dunno, but I notice they've upped the price on the 3 litre bottles by about 50p sometime within the last year.

Comment

bought 30 litres the other day no prob
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Dunno, but I notice they've upped the price on the 3 litre bottles by about 50p sometime within the last year.
        And you thought Gordon was doing us all a favour by sc rapping duty on veg oil. They'll just claw it back from the retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobafet
          Any of you lot had trouble buying anymore than 10 litres of veg oil from Tesco's. I have been refused twice now from buying it (chelmsford branch)inlarge amounts!! Must be some trade restriction!!
          If your shopping in Chelmsford try the cash and carry "Bookers", i'm sure they do 25 litre drums http://www.booker.co.uk/store-locator2.asp?region=10
          Bunkle
          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            And you thought Gordon was doing us all a favour by sc rapping duty on veg oil. They'll just claw it back from the retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
              If your shopping in Chelmsford try the cash and carry "Bookers", i'm sure they do 25 litre drums http://www.booker.co.uk/store-locator2.asp?region=10
              I think you still need a card for Bookers - VAT registered small business or the like to get one!
              If goods are on the shelf in Tesco's, it is 'an invitation to purchase' if they are saying no .....ask them why and if their management knows that they are refusing to sell to you, Perhaps even point out to them that bombs are made with petrol not cooking oil. If they want to know why you wish to buy so much - tell them you have a big chip pan.....Ooooor tell them not to be so $$$$$$ nosey
              Last edited by fatfires; 4 July 2007, 21:03.
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                Thanx Bunkle, I'll try them.

Comment

Have been buying 30l at a time from Notley Tescos near Braintree, no problem.
                  But have now been to Makro now, cheaper @ 49p litre.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBoard
                    Have been buying 30l at a time from Notley Tescos near Braintree, no problem.
                    But have now been to Makro now, cheaper @ 49p litre.
                    Notley eh - i used to live there...
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                      I think you still need a card for Bookers - VAT registered small business or the like to get one!
                      If goods are on the shelf in Tesco's, it is 'an invitation to purchase' if they are saying no .....ask them why and if their management knows that they are refusing to sell to you, Perhaps even point out to them that bombs are made with petrol not cooking oil. If they want to know why you wish to buy so much - tell them you have a big chip pan.....Ooooor tell them not to be so $$$$$$ nosey
                      Any of you lot had trouble buying anymore than 10 litres of veg oil from Tesco's. I have been refused twice now from buying it (chelmsford branch)in large amounts!! Must be some trade restriction!!

Tell em you have a big chip Van !!!!
                      Or it could be Trade descrimination .............

There's always a Payback .... They just won't see or hear it Comin !!!!
                      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 4 July 2007, 22:29.
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Bobafet
                        I have no trouble with my local Sainsbury's, but then again I went to Customer Services in the store and placed a standing order - perhaps a standing order is the way forward for you.

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Bought 15l from my local tescos (Ashford, Park Farm) in 3l bottles on saturday, bought 30l (2x15l drums)from another tesco's (Thanet, Westwood Cross) today
                          Last edited by nero279; 5 July 2007, 01:51.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Gonna' nip to the other Tesco's out our way tonight, and see if they stock it. (Tesco's is a lot better to shop in in the wee hours).

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              Gonna' nip to the other Tesco's out our way tonight, and see if they stock it. (Tesco's is a lot better to shop in in the wee hours).
                              Don't forget Matt, the Drums maybe in a Different location in store to other small Volume Oils !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just can't see it for Lookin !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X