v8 hilux mk1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v8 hilux mk1?

my mates old v8 hilux is on ebay now. sold last year. loved that truck, but with only a 4 speed it was way too juicey. could pull away in 4th. 2nd gear pull away was like what 1st should of been like. lovely v8 sound too. shame he sold it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-TOYOTA-HI...QQcmdZViewItem

the seller exagerates a bit on the sale though, my mate didnt sell it till about august last year

since the owner has it, looks like he has replaced the wheels with nicer ones, changed the exhaust (at where the car had been sitting it sort of disintegrated on the drive home) and looks like there has been nicer seats fitted too. engine bay looks clean but was always like that.
    the women loved it. especially that roar.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Those EBAY pics are marked 2003. A bit pricey for me!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Those EBAY pics are marked 2003. A bit pricey for me!
      yer they are lies. same registration that my mate had, was less than a year ago he had it.
      more to it, the same spot of rust in the tailgate is still mentioned, my mate was going to get this done... money money.. it was only a paint bubble though with a hairline split.
      Last edited by dieselboy; 3 July 2007, 17:03.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i have never seen that truck around here and camborne isn't a very big place.he must keep it under cover so it don't get wet
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          i have never seen that truck around here and camborne isn't a very big place.he must keep it under cover so it don't get wet
          he has probably done a bit of work to it. the tappets were very very noise when i see it last. they went like that by themselves for no reason. oil was always topped. and he has a decent carb on it now too. and the prop shaft was out of balance also. the truck is too nice to go off road in it though.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i will have to keep an eye open for it now i'm out and about.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

He should have looked after his camera as well! There's a sort of sooty mark on all of the pictures.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Looks a nice truck, the sort of thing I'd like as a off-road play car when I have the money/space.

Any idea where those seats came from? They look pretty good and comfortable.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                X