shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks

decided to replace my shocks with procomp 9000s, what a vast difference to the 3000s! far better handling round corners, and a smoother ride at speed.
    Did a bit of swearing when replacing the drivers side rear shock what a pig!!
    no $$$$$$ room to move, plus the top nut wouldnt budge!! had to cut it off in the end, still worth effort thou. Next job is to replace the radiator which i got from milners a couple of years ago. still have the original which i might exchange with roughtrax who i regard as superb to deal with.

9000's are great, I alway recommend them when I fitting shocks for people.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      9000's are great, I alway recommend them when I fitting shocks for people.
      I'm glad you've said that!! I've read so much about how getting ES9000's is a mistake! an having ordered ES9000's i was getting worried! But now ive got the opinion of someone whos used both and the 4x4toys legend himself!

Comment

I've been running the ES9000 for about three years now, and think they're great. It has been known for me to drive around the outside of MX5s on roundabouts, the look on the drivers faces is just brilliant, the problem is on exit when they press the loud pedal and leave me standing.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

yep i can recommend 9000s too.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

The girls with tender rears are the ones who like 3000's. I got my 9000's, (front and back), from Tony last year, and coupled with new uprated Milners springs, (and not running any sway bars), the handling is still far superior to when I first got her.

Edit: Just wait for Vince and Apache to use the LC spring excuse now.

Comment

I'm a girl, my 9000's are hard for off roading
              I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
                Wuss. Btw, dropping the tyre pressures just by a couple of psi makes all the difference on the firmness of the ride. 32-34psi with the 9000's equates to arse tingling. 30psi equates to nice but firm.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Wuss. Btw, dropping the tyre pressures just by a couple of psi makes all the difference on the firmness of the ride. 32-34psi with the 9000's equates to arse tingling. 30psi equates to nice but firm.

I normally drop to 25 PSI, just to save my poor back a little
                  I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    hey fattf do you know how to drop the tyre pressures then???
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
                      9000's are better offroad, they self extend and help push the axle down when its in a hole, 3000's don't, they will stay where they left.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm well chuffed with my +2" ES9000's which Tony fitted last week. The ride is so much improved over the standard shocks.

I was also persuaded to take the rear sway bar off the effects of which while definately noticable are still improved over the orginal handling - but I've done a couple of quick experiments and the flex is improved massively. I've yet to experiment with detaching the front full time as I'm wondering whether the effects are felt more at the front...?
                        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                          I'm well chuffed with my +2" ES9000's which Tony fitted last week. The ride is so much improved over the standard shocks.

I was also persuaded to take the rear sway bar off the effects of which while definately noticable are still improved over the orginal handling - but I've done a couple of quick experiments and the flex is improved massively. I've yet to experiment with detaching the front full time as I'm wondering whether the effects are felt more at the front...?

I suspect you'll notice a difference if you ever have to brake hard on a bend or swerve violently to avoid something on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                            Far more noticeable when you remove the front bar than it is with the rear. If you've had the front shocks replaced too, though, the handling will still be better than standard. Just resist the temptation to oversteer for the first few corners.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              I suspect you'll notice a difference if you ever have to brake hard on a bend or swerve violently to avoid something on the road.
                              Ooh, Are we gonna have the sway bars debate again?

I honestly can't see the drastic difference. It's a different set of handling circumstances, granted, but the sway bars themselves cause their own set of problems when it comes to rapid direction changes, namely the loss of tyre to road surface contact. I would personally rather have full traction and more sway any day of the week. At least you can still control the direction you're heading. (Unless you actually do manage to flip it, but then you were going too fast anyhow).

Comment

Working...
                              X