Steering recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering recall

OK so i have been reading about a steering recall on the surf does anyone have any info on this? what surfs does it apply to? and how do you go about getting it done?

I don't think it goes as far back as your '92.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Had mine done early this year, give Toyota GB customer services a call and ask 01737 367600 just give them you're VIN number and they'll check their system. They say it usually takes a couple of days, but they got back to me within a few hours.
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

You need to give Toyota GB your chassis No and they will let you know. I had my 92 done under this recall.

Whatever you do, don't go to Lookers at Rayleigh in Essex.

Comment

I checked here: http://dogandlemon.com/site/japanese...seno=RJ-1281-0

and then I emailed my local toyota dealer quoting ref. RJ-1281-0 and then a week later it was done. Some people get fobbed off by their local dealer but dont give up- they have to honour the recall.
          Powered by Toyota!

Comment

whats the problem? how do i know if mine needs doing?
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

if its been done .....as far as i remember .....there was a green hard to see sticker in the back window

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                if its been done .....as far as i remember .....there was a green hard to see sticker in the back window
                what?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You'll know it needs doing after you speak to Toyota.

Comment

RRG Rochdale told me that my Surf was not covered under the recall as its an import and that they are only doing 4runners?

Time to speak to head office me thinks then?
                    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                      RRG Rochdale told me that my Surf was not covered under the recall as its an import and that they are only doing 4runners?

Time to speak to head office me thinks then?
                      i rang toyota gb and they said regardless of it being an import, all dealerships MUST perform the recall. it's a rather dangerous fault apparently, they have to honor the recall, HAVE TO. end of.
                      The benchmark....

Comment

Oh I'm so glad you said that.. the snotty nosed cow who is supposed to be the service manager thought I was taking the pee when I asked her about it, she had never heard of it! One of the mechanics overheard us and came to her and put her straight, but then they came to the conclusion that it was only for the Runners...

Roll on Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                          Oh I'm so glad you said that.. the snotty nosed cow who is supposed to be the service manager thought I was taking the pee when I asked her about it, she had never heard of it! One of the mechanics overheard us and came to her and put her straight, but then they came to the conclusion that it was only for the Runners...

Roll on Monday morning.
                          Take the contact details with you, if you get grief you can call Toyota GB whilst there
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Now thats a better idea.. call Toyota first and cover my back, make sure mines affected, then go to the dealer and ask her again.. then call Toyota back in front of her !

I used to hate Mondays but mine seems to be getting good already ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                              Take the contact details with you, if you get grief you can call Toyota GB whilst there
                              bang on man! just make sure yours is covered
                              The benchmark....

Comment

Working...
                              X