No announcement yet.

fitting load cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apologies if this sounds stupid but if after going over say a speed bump the truck lands hard am i right in say that replaceing the coils with the 20% uprated ones will stop this or am i best replacing both shocks and coils to be safe

but i still need to know the stock height before i order

cheers
    thanks for everyones help

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach

I'm not a huge fan of scaffolding on the front on Surfs, but I have to say, that is the sweetest, bestest looking, oh my God, so suits the Surf bumper/bars I have ever seen, ever!

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1
        apologies if this sounds stupid but if after going over say a speed bump the truck lands hard am i right in say that replaceing the coils with the 20% uprated ones will stop this or am i best replacing both shocks and coils to be safe

but i still need to know the stock height before i order

cheers
        thanks for everyones help
        I would recommend doing the shocks aswell unless they can be identified. The height from centre of the wheel to the lip of the wheel arch on mine is approximately 23 1/2" with 2" lift springs from roughtrax, so i guess factory height's about 21-22" .
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

BAV1 I might what you want, brand new as I had a rethink. If you want to call to discuss 07973 820971. If you buy I'll donate to parts for sale, if not its going in parts to buy on Sunday.

Standard height is 22" centre of hub to top of arch, as per coldlords website.
          Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
            BAV1 I might what you want, brand new as I had a rethink. If you want to call to discuss 07973 820971. If you buy I'll donate to parts for sale, if not its going in parts to buy on Sunday.

Standard height is 22" centre of hub to top of arch, as per coldlords website.
            hi mate what is it you have im just on my way out on a callout is it ok if i call you later

cheers mate

jon

Comment

No probs;

Milners +20% coils
              4Crawler off-road 2" coil spacers, 1.5" ball joint spacers, panhard rod drop bracket, fuels sensor bracket thingy.

Basically evrything you need except shocks to go standard height +2". When I looked I thought this was the best value option.

But, I'm set on getting a winch bumper that Nero's sorting out. So had a rethink and decided stiffer torsion bars were required, rather than throw another make in the mix decided to go for the full TJM 2" suspension kit thats $$$$$.
              Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
                No probs;

Milners +20% coils
                4Crawler off-road 2" coil spacers, 1.5" ball joint spacers, panhard rod drop bracket, fuels sensor bracket thingy.

Basically evrything you need except shocks to go standard height +2". When I looked I thought this was the best value option.

But, I'm set on getting a winch bumper that Nero's sorting out. So had a rethink and decided stiffer torsion bars were required, rather than throw another make in the mix decided to go for the full TJM 2" suspension kit thats $$$$$.
                sounds interesting mate the only prob i can see is that i will need bigger tyres/wheels havent budgeted for all this i was looking at just doing coils etc

do you have a price in mind

if you rather my email is jm.bavington@btinternet.com

cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I'm not a huge fan of scaffolding on the front on Surfs, but I have to say, that is the sweetest, bestest looking, oh my God, so suits the Surf bumper/bars I have ever seen, ever!
                  Cheers mate!

Comment

Working...
                  X