fitting load cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    trucks lookin good with that bumper on rod, did you find out if it needed an extra plate or something for the winch? mine should be on in a couple of weeks.
    No its good to go mate! just need to get a winch! looking at the ones on ebay from germany! seem to have a good feedback about them!

The bumper is totally solid!! well pleased with it! looking forward to getting it out and using it! im running out of week but i hoped to order the rest of the 2" kit this week!

Im tempted by a TJM snorkel to keep the TJM theme

An then i'll be over the moon with it!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      Im tempted by a TJM snorkel to keep the TJM theme

An then i'll be over the moon with it!
      Personally i reckon the TJM snorkels look better for the surf than the safari one, but then i'm biased i got a TJM snorkel and it looks the dogs danglies
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

hi guys here are the pics i promised as you can see its sitting low at the rear end the bumpers are going in this weekend for a respray im not to bothered about raising it at the moment as i cant afford the new tyres but i do want to sort the roughness of the ride out

i know this want be to your taste as you use yours for offroading etc but i use mine on tarmac 98% of the time so cant justify the expense of all the good toys
        however after seeing rods truck i have now added to my wish list as i wouls like it to look something like his in the end good work rod

any suggestions let me know

cheers jon

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1
          hi guys here are the pics i promised as you can see its sitting low at the rear end the bumpers are going in this weekend for a respray im not to bothered about raising it at the moment as i cant afford the new tyres but i do want to sort the roughness of the ride out

i know this want be to your taste as you use yours for offroading etc but i use mine on tarmac 98% of the time so cant justify the expense of all the good toys
          however after seeing rods truck i have now added to my wish list as i wouls like it to look something like his in the end good work rod

cheers jon
          My suggestion would be to get rid of the body kit and have standard bumpers fitted...looks more like a pimp mobile, also it might not look so low on the back end once you get rid of the kit.
          When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

Oh dear,

as has been suggested, get rid of the body kit, source some standard bumpers - ebay or a breaker. The front looks pretty much standard height to me, the back has a serious case of Saggy Arse Syndrome, to the point that i would check to see if the springs may have actually been cut,or replaced with shorter springs off a different vehicle, as a cheap lowering thing. If they have that may explain the harsh ride and i would consider a set of milners standard height 20% uprated springs, they're around £45+vat from www.milneroffroad.com it's not to bad a job to change them. Get a photo of the rear shocks, if they look standard, chances are they probably are, even if they're not you can get procomps for about £35 a corner and it's probably only the rears that need doing for now.

First port of call has to be the rear suspension, everything else comes later.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by ninja_king
              My suggestion would be to get rid of the body kit and have standard bumpers fitted...looks more like a pimp mobile, also it might not look so low on the back end once you get rid of the kit.
              cheers mate it already has the chrome front a rear bumbers plus side steps under the kit as it needs shocks and rear coils doing i thing now is the time to get the 2" susp lift and 2" body lift i think i will get away with using the existing rims but with bigger mud grabbing tyres what do you think somthing like the pic below

if anyone has a shopping list of what i would need and a rough idea on price i would be grateful

cheers jon

Comment

hi guys here are the pics i promised

cheers jon
                crikey! how low can you go, speed humps a problem?
                The benchmark....

Comment

cheers mate it already has the chrome front a rear bumbers plus side steps under the kit as it needs shocks and rear coils doing i thing now is the time to get the 2" susp lift and 2" body lift i think i will get away with using the existing rims but with bigger mud grabbing tyres what do you think somthing like the pic below

if anyone has a shopping list of what i would need and a rough idea on price i would be grateful

cheers jon
                  Thats more like it...A proper Surf, not the boy racer type...lol
                  When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

cheers

i have taken a couple of shots of the shock and coil hope they help

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ninja_king
                      Thats more like it...A proper Surf, not the boy racer type...lol
                      i know i bought the truck with express intention of lifting but had to get tyres first which ate into my initial project fund

body work is not a problem is i have access to a full body shop and mechanic is just dont know where to start on parts

Comment

looks non standard to me!! you need 2" uprated springs from roughtrax or similar with pro comp es3000 shocks this will sort the back out. might make it a bit high at the back until you wind up the torsion bars and replace the front shocks.

Comment

cheers

i have taken a couple of shots of the shock and coil hope they help

cheers
                          Unfortunately that shock is not standard, although that doesn't necessarily mean it's no good. If you're thinking about doing the lift now anyway, i would suggest thinking about procomp shocks, they come in anything from standard height to around +5" at around £35 easc. ES3000s give a softer ride and more body roll. ES9000s will give you a stiffer ride. Couple them with milners rear springs and coil spacers or roughtrax lift springs and you'll be well on your way back to a proper surf.

Price estimates
                          Rear shocks: £70
                          Milners Springs: £45+vat
                          Coil Spacers: £80ish
                          Roughtrax lift springs: £70+vat

If you're only going for a 2" suspension lift for road use that's all you need, extras would be Panhard rod drop bracket or adjustable panhard rod, Brake Bias Valve adjustment, extended Anti-Roll Bar drop links if you wanted to do them
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                            Unfortunately that shock is not standard, although that doesn't necessarily mean it's no good. If you're thinking about doing the lift now anyway, i would suggest thinking about procomp shocks, they come in anything from standard height to around +5" at around £35 easc. ES3000s give a softer ride and more body roll. ES9000s will give you a stiffer ride. Couple them with milners rear springs and coil spacers or roughtrax lift springs and you'll be well on your way back to a proper surf.

Price estimates
                            Rear shocks: £70
                            Milners Springs: £45+vat
                            Coil Spacers: £80ish
                            Roughtrax lift springs: £70+vat

If you're only going for a 2" suspension lift for road use that's all you need, extras would be Panhard rod drop bracket or adjustable panhard rod, Brake Bias Valve adjustment, extended Anti-Roll Bar drop links if you wanted to do them
                            thanks for that mate those esitmates are they each or pair also would you recommend doing the front shocks and im assuming the existing tyres i have will looks cr** so i will need to add them on as well

how much if i want to leave as is but soften the ride for now

cheers mate
                            Last edited by BAV1; 7 June 2007, 12:04.

Comment

hi guys just need to check something i have just priced up for the a pair of th 20% stronger springs and a pair of rear shocks £131.01 inc vat and del from milner offroad just one question before i purchase could any one give me a height measurement from a stock model as i believe the ones im ordering wont give any lift on a stock model but not sure if mine is lowered just want to check its not going o lift the whole back end too much and look stupid

cheers in advance

Comment

hi guys just need to check something i have just priced up for the a pair of th 20% stronger springs and a pair of rear shocks £131.01 inc vat and del from milner offroad just one question before i purchase could any one give me a height measurement from a stock model as i believe the ones im ordering wont give any lift on a stock model but not sure if mine is lowered just want to check its not going o lift the whole back end too much and look stupid

cheers in advance

The Milners springs won't provide any lift, they just return the suspension to factory height but will be firmer (won't sag under load) for towing etc.

Dunno what the standard height is, mine has never been standard since owning it!

Comment

Working...
                                X