Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting load cover

hi guys

managed to get my hands on a load cover the only problem is that im not sure how to fit i beleive there should be on some models some sort of template showing where to fit i have a k 93 ssr-x 2.4 before i start taking panels off i want to make sure i have everything i need to fit

does nay one have any pics of one installed or a full walkthrough would be excellent

also does any one know what type of bulbs go behing the heater controls

and if the one behing the speedos are easy to replace

thanks in advance

jon

Originally posted by BAV1
    hi guys

managed to get my hands on a load cover the only problem is that im not sure how to fit i beleive there should be on some models some sort of template showing where to fit i have a k 93 ssr-x 2.4 before i start taking panels off i want to make sure i have everything i need to fit

does nay one have any pics of one installed or a full walkthrough would be excellent

also does any one know what type of bulbs go behing the heater controls

and if the one behing the speedos are easy to replace

thanks in advance

jon
    can't help with the load cover heres some info on the speedo bulbs,
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash.htm

the one on the bottom right is the same as the heater one you can buy them from halfords without the black plastic bit

Comment

thanks mate much appreciated 1 question can you see any reason why i cant replace all these bulbs with blue ones ?

not sure if there mot-able

thanks again

Comment

Did the LOAD COVER come with brackets?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

thanks mate much appreciated 1 question can you see any reason why i cant replace all these bulbs with blue ones ?

not sure if there mot-able

thanks again
          you can have any colour you want, i painted mine blue with acrylic paint, did about 3 coats on them. just dip them in the pot then allow to dry for an hour and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Did the LOAD COVER come with brackets?

yes mate bargained hard for the barckets got both the ones that hold the cover and also the ones that it hooks into when closed after reading in this forum that without the brackets its pretty much usless

cheers jon

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
              you can have any colour you want, i painted mine blue with acrylic paint, did about 3 coats on them. just dip them in the pot then allow to dry for an hour and repeat
              nice one mate dont suppose i could ask for a piccy with them switch on could i would be very grateful

cheers jon

Comment

nice one mate dont suppose i could ask for a piccy with them switch on could i would be very grateful

cheers jon
                thought i had a pic but i don't, i'll get one when i get me truck back lol

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                  thought i had a pic but i don't, i'll get one when i get me truck back lol
                  sounds interesting what did you do to it

nothing to serious i hope

j

Comment

I can't help with fitting a Toyota load cover but could help with how to fit a load cover from a mondeo estate

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                      I can't help with fitting a Toyota load cover but could help with how to fit a load cover from a mondeo estate
                      thanks mate need that if i cant work how to do the toyota one but i have scoured the face of the earth for this one so really want to get that fitted if poss

does the mondeo one look tidy enough just in case

cheers

Comment

Load cover

Hi dont know if these are any help.
                        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                          Hi dont know if these are any help.
                          cheers mate that gives me a good starting point dont suppose you know where the metal bracket bit goes ???

cheers

Comment

the metal bracket goes on the inside of the cover fixings, on the clips that hold the cover out. on mine the holding clips screw in to the metal bracket. hope you can make sense of that!!

Comment

thanks mate need that if i cant work how to do the toyota one but i have scoured the face of the earth for this one so really want to get that fitted if poss

does the mondeo one look tidy enough just in case

cheers
                              yes not to bad but does the job of covering up whats in the back and at a £10 from the s.c.r.a.p.y and a bit of hole cutting very cheap load cover

Comment

Working...
                              X