Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a messy job, is it?

Comment

check your throttle position sensor first off mate, if thats incorrect it will stop you engaging top gear
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

How much is a new filter and seal for a 2nd gen as i am getting weird autobox problems as well, and decided that this is the next thing to look at
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Filter is a metal gauze, simple to clean so you will not need to buy another.

The seal on the sump pan is Silicone sealer.

All you need is about 6-7 ltrs of ATF fluid, Dextron 2 is recommended by Toyota, Dextron 3 is better.

Comment

Originally posted by j4mie
            Changed the fluid on mine last week, You will need to drop the exhaust and front ARB. Very messy job about 5 ltr's of ATF when the sump plug is released and another 1-1.5 ltr's from the filter housing when that is dropped.
            How did you get the front pipe off - mine is well and truly stuck on there - I failed to get it off a few weeks back.

I don't want to damage it as it is in good nick - and my autobox is playing up.
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
              How did you get the front pipe off - mine is well and truly stuck on there - I failed to get it off a few weeks back.

Thanks Andy, got the email
              If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

buy a bigger hammer andy.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

grrrrrr looking under truck found loads of grease around driver side arch ferking split aaarrgghhh
                  cheers for advice gary temporary repaired also said about kickdown cable may be jamming [i hope ]so thats be dosed with good old wd 40
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    grrrrrr looking under truck found loads of grease around driver side arch ferking split aaarrgghhh
                    cheers for advice gary temporary repaired also said about kickdown cable may be jamming [i hope ]so thats be dosed with good old wd 40
                    Hope thats all it was mate
                    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
                    X