Convince me to buy a Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convince me to buy a Surf

I have been reading these pages for the last few weeks with the aim of buying a 3.0 ltr surf. I am not to worried about the mechanical problems as i used to be a grease monkey and there seems to be info on any problems within these pages. The problem is the mpg as my old vehicle is a Peugeot 405TD that will do 45mpg all day long, where as I only expect to get 20 to 30 out of a surf. So I hoping that all you fans can convince me and the missus that buying a surf is the right thing to do no matter what the fuel costs

Originally posted by Adrianbadboy
    I have been reading these pages for the last few weeks with the aim of buying a 3.0 ltr surf. I am not to worried about the mechanical problems as i used to be a grease monkey and there seems to be info on any problems within these pages. The problem is the mpg as my old vehicle is a Peugeot 405TD that will do 45mpg all day long, where as I only expect to get 20 to 30 out of a surf. So I hoping that all you fans can convince me and the missus that buying a surf is the right thing to do no matter what the fuel costs

Ok people lets convince him.

owned over a year and still
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Ok people lets convince him.

owned over a year and still
      Ive owned mine for 5 years, its nowhere near as posh as the the ones you see now but I'll not part with it she is a diamond. If you realy want to convince yourself to get one JUST TAKE ONE FOR A TEST DRIVE.

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Had mine a year and I love it, it makes me grin every time I drive it.

The wife loves it and prefers it to her BMW 'cause she can stomp around without a care in the world. Last time she did that in the BM it cost us a grand for two new wheels and tyres!!!

It's ten years old this year and it sailed through the MOT with low emissions and no advisories!

I use and abuse it everyday for work and it never lets me down.

It accelerates like a car, drives like a car, but then it goes and does crazy stuff off road with ease.

I could go on, but you'd be very bored and I'd show how sad I am.
        You have to get one so you can have that fixed grin

Rich.

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

i wouldn't bother if i was you! (just to even up the balance of course!)
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

BUY A SURF thats all ya need to know

Comment

get it

m8 i bought a brand new 406 peugeot diesel done 60 to a gallon had it a year how ****** boring it was lol got my surf im like a new man lol that was 7 months ago and i smile everytime i look at it i make excuses to go out and drive it never another motor other than a surf oh yea and my dogs love the back window lol go for it bin the old 405 have fun
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Do It

Traded in my 405 GLX TD for a 3.0 2nd Gen Surf last weekend. Its much more fun and you can always switch the engine off when going down hill if your worried about fuel consumption .

Richard
                I didn't do it !

Comment

Keep an eye on the dates for the pit or any other dates that get organised any one of us will take you round and the beast will convince you by its own words...
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I'm with Matt, they suck the big one.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had a Discovery for 10 years and then bought a Surf. best decision I ever made. I have a smile from ear to ear. If its possible to be in love with a car then this is the one I would choose. It is a joy to drive so I also make excuses to go for a spin, thats when I can get it off the wife. She even takes it when she has to move her car to get the Surf out of the drive. You have to experience SURFIN to understand it.

Malcolm
                      Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        I'm with Matt, they suck the big one.

Why have you got 2 then
                        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                          Why have you got 2 then
                          Shoosh!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well thank you for the responses, I am impressed at how enthusiastic you all are about your surf's, and you can't all be wrong! I had better start road testing some soon and begin the search for my own surf.

Comment

Just one hell of a truck

I can't even begin to give you a reason. I just get in, sink into the seat, turn the key, it rattles into life, I stick in drive, it doesn't really accelerate, it stops...sort of, it drinks fuel, it is ten years old, it needs a sea of tarmac to park in etc etc

Do I want to sell it? Not on your life. Speed is no longer of interest to me on 4 wheels (the bike will breeze over 170mph if I wanted it to), and I can just watch the world going mad all around me.

It's a different lifestyle, and in all honesty, out of all the forums that I have visited on the web on any subject it has to be said that the crew on here are absolute diamonds, every one of them.

Good on ya lads!

Rob G

[img]c:toyotaLa Mulnais220104 004 small.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X