No announcement yet.

Madeleine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyall, if you want to bin the thread, you can delete it, you know. You are the creator of the topic.

Comment

No chance Matt, until the Moderators create a new sticky "civilised" one I intend to keep this one front page by any means

Comment

What will keeping this thread at the top do for finding her tho, I dont understand.

Its not like we are going to forget whats happened is it, I just dont see what effect this will do if its a sticky ?
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
          What will keeping this thread at the top do for finding her tho.
          Nothing whatsoever.

Comment

What will keeping this thread at the top do for finding her tho, I dont understand.

Its not like we are going to forget whats happened is it, I just dont see what effect this will do if its a sticky ?
            Yup, I can't see the point, an active thread will stay at the top, how will making it sticky help anyone?

Best thing anyone can do is stop believing everything thats in the papers (like most news storys!) and cope with it how ever you can.

Bitching at each other on the 'net won't help the little girl, but some people seem to like it so carry on.......
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

According to the BBC "news" needs to be no more than 2 days old 'cos thats how long people care/remember so you will forget her if left alone thats human nature.

Maddie will be found as long as her story is told, nobody can buy her or abuse her and claim imunity due to her eyes and the same can be said for anybody who see's her.

The thread needs to be sticky and kept alive simply to keep her in the news and in our thoughts even if it means looking into the eyes of every 4 year old we will find her. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Bitching at each other on the 'net won't help, but some people seem to like it so carry on.......
                I'm just a trolling post whore. What else can I say...

Comment

Why just Maddie, according to missing kids websites 70,000 kids go missing each year.....

NAOMI DENTON-YOUNGER Missing since: 15-Mar-2007 DOVER United Kingdom

JAVIAN MATTHEWS Missing since: 21-Feb-2007 HARINGEY United Kingdom

Both of these kids are more recent than Maddie, why is no-one kicking up a stink about these, they have more chance of being found.

I find the whole media thing sensationalist and hypocritical, maybe its cause it happened in Europe, and you can easier picture them being evil than at home?

Or maybe its because they arn't white kids with a 'respectable' socal standing?

Do what you have to do to deal with it, but don't expect everyone to agree with how to deal with things like this in their own minds.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Best thing anyone can do is stop believing everything thats in the papers
                    Hear hear!

Thats what I was trying to say last night, in a typically post beer waffly way!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Why just Maddie, according to missing kids websites 70,000 kids go missing each year.....

NAOMI DENTON-YOUNGER Missing since: 15-Mar-2007 DOVER United Kingdom

JAVIAN MATTHEWS Missing since: 21-Feb-2007 HARINGEY United Kingdom
                      Why? Because Maddie is (was) in Portugal and it's easy for us to sit at home and say we will help in whatever way we can, because whatever way we can involves sitting in front of the computer and posting a few posts on forums or sending a txt/email to 5 friends, maybe a couple of minutes conversation, or a few quid in an appeal box, and wearing a yellow ribbon. Because our conscience tells us that we can do these things because we can, but we can't be expected to actually leave our families, or take them with us and join in the search. By doing the above things we're doing our bit. But most of all because the press have jumped on this one case, why? because it's happened on holiday, because the press know that we rely on them to relay the information back from Portugal, because they know we will do the things mentioned above, but most of all because they know it will sell papers.

If we look on the missing persons UK website, maybe there actually is something we could do for one of these people. Maybe we actually know someone on there from years gone by but lost contact? Maybe there's one of these people kipping on the floor of a flat down the road? maybe we've seen one of these people in the street? maybe one of these people has even gone missing from a house round the corner? maybe it's just too close to home? and maybe there's actually something real that we can do that might just help to find one of these people? Maybe, just maybe? Maybe we just don't want to believe it could happen in our own backyard?
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Seen on the news tonight BBC's Eastenders were gonni do a Maddie type storyline???! So they rekon she is old news not worth reporting BUT lets do a cheap soap copy.

This is the BBC!

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                          Seen on the news tonight BBC's Eastenders were gonni do a Maddie type storyline???! So they rekon she is old news not worth reporting BUT lets do a cheap soap copy.

This is the BBC!
                          Just cashing in!
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                          X