No announcement yet.

What's the law on bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as with bumbers, it doesnt matter. the rules are there must be no sharp or pointy edges (i think they try to make your vehicle good for running people over)
    as with exhausts, if they dont stick out away from the car then fumes can and do travel into the car. this is a hazard as they can make you sleepy etc etc.
    diesel tail pipes are usually tucked just in but point downwards so the fumes are directed away.
    if the exhaust sticks out too much then this is a hazard for other people, or yourself. getting burnt or trip hazard. basically if it looks out too far then it is. shouldnt be out more than an inch from the body work, and our rule was not more than the bumper.
    your truck looks mad
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
      Maybe if its a low slung sports car... but what about white van man or another big 4x4....

I'd feel safer with a good strong tube bumper.
      Then the tin Toyota bumper would make no difference being there . My Runner was hit whilst parked by a Mondeo outside the house and the bumper folded up and the mounts bent the floor . The tow bar took most impact and saved the vehicle .
      There is a half built tube bumper on the floor at Jottos workshop , to be completed in the future .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I know this is about rear bumpers.... but...

front bumpers...

as of 25th May...no new bull bars...
        Some new EU directive... Not sure how they propose to police it...

When did you fit that bullbar...? Always been there officer... oh really...

Winch bumpers are fine... its just the bar over the top..

Comment

Working...
        X