notes on anti roll bar bracket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notes on anti roll bar bracket replacement

It is reccomended that when changing anti roll bar brackets, every care should be taken that you do not shear off the bolts attaching the brackets. especially the top ones. even more especially not the drivers side top one. what a dull way to spend an evening...
    it's in me shed, mate.

you mean the ones on the rear axle?

Guess which two i did yesterday? and that was taking them off!
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      It is reccomended that when changing anti roll bar brackets, every care should be taken that you do not shear off the bolts attaching the brackets. especially the top ones. even more especially not the drivers side top one. what a dull way to spend an evening...
      Charlie did you have Stormforce 'helping' you???
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        no i was doing my own and snapping the bolts off...
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
          No, all my own work.. In my defence, I did manage to change the steering idler without breaking anything...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            No, all my own work.. In my defence, I did manage to change the steering idler without breaking anything...
            Well if you need any help anytime to snap a few bolts that don't need snapping then give me a shout and i'll do my best..
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Got to admit when I did my rears I actually sheared off one of the bolts putting it back. Don't know my own strength with a ratchet wrench in my hands. But it was "fairly" easy to get it out from the top, although took some time. Luckily I found a spare bolt in my odds tin that fitted perfectly. Still can't get the rear side hangers undone to replace those ARB rubbers though. Those nuts are really stuck on there.
              Mike G

Comment

wd40, ppl perhaps? bit 'o' heat? come on guy's get with the programme
                The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                  Got to admit when I did my rears I actually sheared off one of the bolts putting it back. Don't know my own strength with a ratchet wrench in my hands. But it was "fairly" easy to get it out from the top, although took some time. Luckily I found a spare bolt in my odds tin that fitted perfectly. Still can't get the rear side hangers undone to replace those ARB rubbers though. Those nuts are really stuck on there.
                  I can't get the brackets off on the side of the chassis rail in the rear arch - can't even move the bolts in them. But managed to undo the bolt on the top of the drop link, think it was a 14mm spanner to hold the drop link in place and a 16mm socket on the bolt on the top of the drop link and plenty of WD40 and it came off with a bit of persuasion, you could then drop the link through the bracket, replace the lower bushes, push the link back through the bracket and replace the upper bushes and do it all back up.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

He may have snapped his bolts, but his newly re-built bike looks SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

Ferret
                    "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

i can also highly recommend that when removing the front anti rol bar for storage that you do not have your head under the bar when you have released it from the chassis, as the resultant blow to the head will leave a stinging mark
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                        i can also highly recommend that when removing the front anti rol bar for storage that you do not have your head under the bar when you have released it from the chassis, as the resultant blow to the head will leave a stinging mark
                        what no stiches.now thats not on.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X