Head gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho
    Miaow. You're just jealous because we can hear the stereo with the engine running.
    Nice one mate
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
      FFS for the V6 punters OK you dont have the crack head prob (just keep buying gaskets )

Do heads crack between cylinders? I think not, heads crack between valve seats.

Where's yer water going, is there water in your oil or oil in yer water, pressure in the cooling system or just white steam then shutdown?
      All I know is my cylinder head is cracked. I may have got the description wrong, re, between cylinders but I 'm not a mechanic and do not profess to be an expert so I wouldn't know the correct terms. As I stated in my previous post it was my own fault for not taking of the radiator cap and oil cap. A lesson learned.
      The Surf was bought fo very good money so all is not lost. It just seemed to me that a lot of Surf owners seem to have had, similar experiences when reading through the forum pages, although as pointed out earlier it may be the same on other vehicle model specific forums.

Cheers, Simon.

Comment

One of my own mechi's replaced mine a wee while back so if you have any questions on "how to" give me / him a call and we will do our best to help,.

http://www.mgm-services.co.uk/contact.htm

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
          One of my own mechi's replaced mine a wee while back so if you have any questions on "how to" give me / him a call and we will do our best to help,.

http://www.mgm-services.co.uk/contact.htm
          Cheers Nick. I will have a look on the website and drop you/him a line. A mate of mine back in England is also trying to sort something out.
          Where are you based?

Cheers, Simon.

Comment

No probs Simon, I am in Motherwell so if you need some advise we are just up the road.

Comment

Working...
            X