pics from the plains today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UDTrev
    Hippo recently had her MOT, New exhaust (tailpipe AND mainbox), steering damper and Steering idler some of which is down to Salisbury (exhaust on the boot on way home).
    The way i see it and thats if i'm using it for everyday use aswell as off road then i expect to get some damage whether its expensive or reasonable to put right.seeing as in 3 years i have only had to spend roughly £350 to get it back on the road then i can't complain really at that.I know that some won't agree with what i say but thats the way i see it.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      The way i see it and thats if i'm using it for everyday use aswell as off road then i expect to get some damage whether its expensive or reasonable to put right.seeing as in 3 years i have only had to spend roughly £350 to get it back on the road then i can't complain really at that.I know that some won't agree with what i say but thats the way i see it.
      Hippo's my daily driver, this is the first year (of 3) that she has needed bits, I CANNOT complain, and I have to admit I LOVE playing on the plain
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hippo's my daily driver, this is the first year (of 3) that she has needed bits, I CANNOT complain, and I have to admit I LOVE playing on the plain
        i've been there twice now and enjoyed it alot and will go again.I was just lucky and keeping fingers crossed that i never done any damage to my head on the way home at xmas

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          i've been there twice now and enjoyed it alot and will go again.I was just lucky and keeping fingers crossed that i never done any damage to my head on the way home at xmas
          I don't need to tell Hippo how to get to Countess for a Salisbury run ,she knows the way
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I don't need to tell Hippo how to get to Countess for a Salisbury run ,she knows the way
            i think next time i go i will take one of those pump up pressure bottle things so i can clean the rad before i leave just to be on the safe side

Comment

Thats not my rad ......We stopped at my place at the half way point , and hosed out the rads , didnot do mine enough plus i think the rad cap is NFG
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Thats not my rad ......We stopped at my place at the half way point , and hosed out the rads , didnot do mine enough plus i think the rad cap is NFG
                wanna borrow my rad cap to check out your cooling system give me a call
                SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Originally posted by thecaretaker
                  wanna borrow my rad cap to check out your cooling system give me a call
                  pop over , i will be stripping off the bumper and grill to get beter access to the rad
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

pop over , i will be stripping off the bumper and grill to get beter access to the rad
                    Ok see you in the morning about ten
                    SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

That is one SERIOUSLY caked rad
                      tell me about it.and yes the rad is mine.about a quarter of a mile from woodzies house my temp gauge went in to the red,and just as we pulled up outside his house the expansion tank lid blew off.luckily no long term damage was done as stein didnt overheat on the way home.phewwww.cant wait to go out again,im now addicted to the plains.the shirlster had a great time to.so whens the next run then ian.
                      Last edited by surfenstein; 8 April 2007, 08:14.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                        tell me about it.and yes the rad is mine.about a quarter of a mile from woodzies house my temp gauge went in to the red,and just as we pulled up outside his house the expansion tank lid blew off.luckily no long term damage was done as stein didnt overheat on the way home.phewwww.cant wait to go out again,im now addicted to the plains.the shirlster had a great time to.so whens the next run then ian.
                        Depends on what i find and the next weeks running .........
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Depends on what i find and the next weeks running .........
                          hope its just the cap mate,fingers crossed its not the dreaded ,gulp i cant even say it.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

We had a great time and it was very nice to meet you guys.

I hope we did not leave too much of a mess at Woodzie house

I'm going to have a look at my alternator in a bit and I hope you sort out your problem Ian without spending too much money.
                            I Love Wales

Comment

stripped down the front end......it was only cleaned a few weeks ago

It explains the overheat combined with the NFG rad cap....now to replace it all, new anti freeze and see if it does it again

A project for in the week .....as off to the pub now
                              Btw. Thanks Jon (the caretaker) for helping me strip it down
                              Last edited by Woodzie; 8 April 2007, 13:35.
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

looks like you may of gotten away with it then ian.im trying to upload the vids but its taking ages.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X