Hilux Pickup Owners Club Meet Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom 18
    I have 6 acres of my own so most of my offroading is done there, but the wife gets mad if i cut it up too much, killing her horses hey you see. There is a good green lane out near Loddington (Kettering) where i used to live but i could never get all the way along it because there was an Astra bellied half way and sat there for months. Then i moved and not been back since. Have you not been to Devils Pit nr MKynes.
    not done devils pit yet...thats one for this year.. I did avon dasset last year, that was good fun..altho bit of a trek...also used to make full use of the waste land by rushden lakes..altho development has started there now...so ive lost my local (free) offroad venue!

ill try and find that wasteland you mentioned near loddington...if the astra is still there...ill shift it

S
    sparkz
    http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
      not done devils pit yet...thats one for this year.. I did avon dasset last year, that was good fun..altho bit of a trek...also used to make full use of the waste land by rushden lakes..altho development has started there now...so ive lost my local (free) offroad venue!

ill try and find that wasteland you mentioned near loddington...if the astra is still there...ill shift it

S
      Turn right at the Lamport swan follow for about 2 miles when you get on the old airfield straight turn left at the war memorial to a village can't remember the name but there is a council chippings dump on the corner. Follow that about 1/2 mile turn right off the road onto the green lane. Its pretty good some big uphill slippery slopes.
      Steve.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18
        Turn right at the Lamport swan follow for about 2 miles when you get on the old airfield straight turn left at the war memorial to a village can't remember the name but there is a council chippings dump on the corner. Follow that about 1/2 mile turn right off the road onto the green lane. Its pretty good some big uphill slippery slopes.
        Steve.
        Ahhh...i know it...it actually contiues the other way too (from the swan...and turn left towards a farmhouse)...good track :-)

Cheers Steve
        sparkz
        http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Fair play to sparkz on this one not only did he put the lux on its side, then while attaching the tow strap did he fall into the bog upto his waist, he then carried on for the rest of the day in boxers :LOL:

The driver with the brand new looking landy didnt offer to help, infact the whole time they were there i dont think they even got off the grass onto the dirt!!!!

Typical landy drivers :LOL:
          Gupster
          www.cfs-fire.co.uk
          Cornwall Fire & Security

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
            The pickup ones are normally black (mine were)...i just sprayed them when i did the rest of the truck...makes it look about 10 years younger :-)

would be a little mkore tricky spraying the chrome ones im guessing...

Glad you like my truck, it does look better on 4 wheels!

S

p.s...its part surf...the pickups have a really rubbish spec...so i donored all the nice bits across form the surf...TD engine, loom, ECU, dash trick bits rev counter etc, elec mirrors & windows..central locking...

quality ride there mate, very nice indeed you got the same wheels as me!
            The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by Brit in Thailand
              Don't want to put a damper on this thread, but in the UK you may find this incredulous, but unfortunately out here it's an everyday event.

I quote from Bangkok Post 3/4/07 breaking news : 'Pickup loaded with 23 people crashes, 7 dead, 16 injured. 23 building workers returning home to Sisaket from Bangkok for the Sonkran holidays (Thai new year) burst a tyre in Surin province, driver lost control which caused the pickup to crash and overturn 5 dead at the scene 2 died on the way to hospital'
              The Thai new years holiday doesn't start for a few days yet, then the fun on the roads start. If memory serves, last year there was 4,000 fatalities over the holiday last year, the yearly figure for fatalities is 30,000+ and gods knows how many injuries.
              For me during every Thai holiday the car stays under its sun shade!
              Roads must be terrible there, plus the vehicles sound really overloaded- a recipie for disaster. Tragic.
              Last edited by laser_jock99; 6 April 2007, 01:23. Reason: The acuracy of my spelling is inversely proportional to the amount of beer consumed.

Comment

Working...
              X