Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux Pickup Owners Club Meet Pictures

hi all,

Thought you might want a look at the first hilux pickup owners club meet pictures.

Had an excellent weekend saturday was a day at LA Supertrux www.supertrux.com and a few magazine photoshooots. Saturday evening was beer and a meal then beer again!! Then sunday a few of us did a touch of offroading, only a very very mild course as 3 of us had 278 and 342 mile trips to get home, and a couple of the guys it was there first time off road, more of a play around day and a chance to get some good pics!!

(There was the one MUD inccident though)!!!

Excellent weekend, thought you might enjoy the pics.

Pics below at photobucket so it dosent kill my bandwidth :O

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...embers/Sparkz/

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...bers/JasXPear/

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/hpocmembers/

Maybe we will have to sort out a couple of meets with surfs and pickups at some point.

Cheers,

Adam
    www.hpoc.co.uk
    Gupster
    www.cfs-fire.co.uk
    Cornwall Fire & Security

Forgot to say a bit of a write up here as well.

http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/inde...showtopic=2700

Cheers,
    Gupster
    www.cfs-fire.co.uk
    Cornwall Fire & Security

Comment

Would have popped along to that as I'm quite close - but SWMBO had other ideas....

How on earth did the pickup roll over there BTW?

Comment

Think this is how....

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSC01893.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
          Would have popped along to that as I'm quite close - but SWMBO had other ideas....

How on earth did the pickup roll over there BTW?
          oopps!....

hehe...well it had the making of a nice slow decent...in to a bit of water..then turn left and drive out...however the water turned out to be more of a bog!.....and the front wheel dust disapeared in the quicksand leaving the other side high and dry on the bank!...was actually quite gracefull...no real damage and 10mins later was back on 4 wheels and i carried on...i really should have checked the depth 1st v(1st time at this venue!)

S
          sparkz
          http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

that's a nice pick-up (the one that tipped over). Are those bumpers the original chrome ones that have been sprayed?
            Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
              oopps!....

hehe...well it had the making of a nice slow decent...in to a bit of water..then turn left and drive out...however the water turned out to be more of a bog!.....and the front wheel dust disapeared in the quicksand leaving the other side high and dry on the bank!...was actually quite gracefull...no real damage and 10mins later was back on 4 wheels and i carried on...i really should have checked the depth 1st v(1st time at this venue!)

S
              Out of interest could you have backed it out or was the front too Stuck?

Mark
              Last edited by madcampbell; 3 April 2007, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                that's a nice pick-up (the one that tipped over). Are those bumpers the original chrome ones that have been sprayed?
                The pickup ones are normally black (mine were)...i just sprayed them when i did the rest of the truck...makes it look about 10 years younger :-)

would be a little mkore tricky spraying the chrome ones im guessing...

Glad you like my truck, it does look better on 4 wheels!

S

p.s...its part surf...the pickups have a really rubbish spec...so i donored all the nice bits across form the surf...TD engine, loom, ECU, dash trick bits rev counter etc, elec mirrors & windows..central locking...
                sparkz

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                  Out of interest could you have backed it out or was the front too Stuck?

Mark
                  erm..i could of..but i just wasnt expecting it to sink like it did...silly really...i was one of the more experienced offroaders there too...how embaressing!

S
                  sparkz

Comment

oopps!....

S
                    Hi Sparkz I was there too in the burgundy surf with the lift and 33s. I came with that looney in the red (with stripes) v8 pick up on 39s. What were you driving I'll see if I can remember you.
                    Steve.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18
                      Hi Sparkz I was there too in the burgundy surf with the lift and 33s. I came with that looney in the red (with stripes) v8 pick up on 39s. What were you driving I'll see if I can remember you.
                      Steve.
                      Hi Steve...i was in the blue 'yota pickup as pictured above!...didnt see you...altho we didnt get there till after lunch...from memory i remeber a yellow landy when we arrived...and when i left there was a little suzi (that i had to geve a tow too after he got stuck in the mud too!) we (the HPOC lot) had the run of the place pretty much to ourselves the whole day tho

S
                      Last edited by sparkz; 3 April 2007, 15:49.
                      sparkz

Comment

Hi Steve...i was in the blue 'yota pickup as pictured above!...didnt see you...altho we didnt get there till after lunch...from memory i remeber a yellow landy when we arrived...and when i left there was a little suzi (that i had to geve a tow too after he got stuck in the mud too!) we (the HPOC lot) had the run of the place pretty much to ourselves the whole day tho

S
                        If thats you in the pic then i do remember seeing you there, but havent seen your truck around Northampton what part are you from anywhere near me (Blisworth).
                        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Tragic pick-up accident in Thailand today

Don't want to put a damper on this thread, but in the UK you may find this incredulous, but unfortunately out here it's an everyday event.

I quote from Bangkok Post 3/4/07 breaking news : 'Pickup loaded with 23 people crashes, 7 dead, 16 injured. 23 building workers returning home to Sisaket from Bangkok for the Sonkran holidays (Thai new year) burst a tyre in Surin province, driver lost control which caused the pickup to crash and overturn 5 dead at the scene 2 died on the way to hospital'
                          The Thai new years holiday doesn't start for a few days yet, then the fun on the roads start. If memory serves, last year there was 4,000 fatalities over the holiday last year, the yearly figure for fatalities is 30,000+ and gods knows how many injuries.
                          For me during every Thai holiday the car stays under its sun shade!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18
                            If thats you in the pic then i do remember seeing you there, but havent seen your truck around Northampton what part are you from anywhere near me (Blisworth).
                            Yeah..thats me...(i live near molton) to be honest..the truck doesnt get out much...only when im green laning...or offroading...its changed a bit in the last few months (it looked like a pretty standard farmer truck before xmas) so would have blended in....

i sure ill bump in to you there again...im not gonna be beet by that $$$$$$ mud puddle...so will be back!...do you offroad anywhere else locally?...know any byways i dont??

S
                            sparkz

Comment

Yeah..thats me...(i live near molton) to be honest..the truck doesnt get out much...only when im green laning...or offroading...its changed a bit in the last few months (it looked like a pretty standard farmer truck before xmas) so would have blended in....

i sure ill bump in to you there again...im not gonna be beet by that $$$$$$ mud puddle...so will be back!...do you offroad anywhere else locally?...know any byways i dont??

S
                              I have 6 acres of my own so most of my offroading is done there, but the wife gets mad if i cut it up too much, killing her horses hey you see. There is a good green lane out near Loddington (Kettering) where i used to live but i could never get all the way along it because there was an Astra bellied half way and sat there for months. Then i moved and not been back since. Have you not been to Devils Pit nr MKynes.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X