No announcement yet.

one side of the snorkel done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers guys,itll be a double butt clenching next wkend,when i get round to doing the other side.a bit more complicated coz i have to weld in a couple of bends to get round the fuse box.hopefully the hole cutting will go as today,im not to worried though as stein is going to get a re-spray in a few weeks time.so any scratches can be dealt with then.so i have to make sure that all the body mods are done before spray time.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 1 April 2007, 18:56.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      cheers guys,itll be a double butt clenching next wkend,when i get round to doing the other side.a bit more complicated coz i have to weld in a couple of bends to get round the fuse box.hopefully the hole cutting will go as today,im not to worried though as stein is going to get a re-spray in a few weeks time.so any scratches can be dealt with then.so i have to make sure that all the body mods are done before spray time.
      Oh Holy One,

I there anything you can't do...

The welding, the engines, painting, snorkers, sliders, bumpers, my God the guy even does grand children......
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        Oh Holy One,

I there anything you can't do...

The welding, the engines, painting, snorkers, sliders, bumpers, my God the guy even does grand children......
        ill have a go at anything andy,there must be something out there im no good at.apart from giving birth.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Just seen the pics and I can only say.............FANTASTIC !

Comment

nice job mark
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Forgive me for asking, but I thought those cone type air filters where designed to be fitted within the engine bay (where it is generally dry)…..

So what is going to happen when it is pouring down with rain and your filters get sopping wet and water starts finding its way into your engine?

Are you going to build some sort of rain cowl?
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

He's making an Umberella stand to go on the Bonnet next
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Presumably there's some kind of drain for the water, but I agree they're going to get pretty filthy quite quickly. Stick a couple of these on Mark.

Comment

ok guys point taken but anyone who knows anything about k&n filters will know that the dirtier they get the better the filtration from them.they are impregnated with oil so that will repell the water,ive had these filters soaking wet before and never had a problem with water or dirt in the engine,as long as they are serviced once a year they will go on forever,basically clean them then re oil them.job done.
                    Last edited by surfenstein; 2 April 2007, 14:27.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                      ok guys point taken but anyone who knows anything about k&n filters will know that the dirtier they get the better the filtration from them.they are impregnated with oil so that will repell the water,ive had these filters soaking wet before and never had a problem with water or dirt in the engine,as long as they are serviced once a year they will go on forever,basically clean them then re oil them.job done.
                      Don't you think they're going to look a bit nasty when they're all grubby though? I wasn't taking the p1ss (for once) with the plant pots. I wouldn't point the picture of the flower outwards though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        Don't you think they're going to look a bit nasty when they're all grubby though? I wasn't taking the p1ss (for once) with the plant pots. I wouldn't point the picture of the flower outwards though.....
                        oh plant pots.i thought they were buckets.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

nice job mate

i have started mine and should get it fitted next weekend i will take some pics ..
                          ps what bore pipe is that . i got 3"..
                          john
                          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
                          X