Alfa Romeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo

Walked by a parked up Brera last night and nearly peed my pants. Stunning car!

They make cars with supercar looks for (nearly) ordinary money, and have one of the loveliest V6s ever.

Think Vicki's getting an Alfa for her next car.

I had one before the Surf and LOVED it. No-one styles cars like the Italians eh? You can stick your Audi TTs and BMW Z3's where the sun dont shine. Give me passion any day!

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Thats my car in need for speed carbon! (im cool like that) I think there stunning! There was one in my local pub car park! ... See i ride in high circles

Comment

Never realy rated them 'till my bro's bought some FFS they can shift even the dzl with traction control can hump most in corners.

But (always the but) the sump will s$$$$e the smallest speed hump and costs £145 + fitting = £500 by any trained Alpha grease monkey.

On the plus side the oil level sender (leci dip stick) is Alpha's best seller yet only costs £22.

Could go on for hours rantin Alpha repairs 'cos I/we see loads of them yet they do make a high strung great car even if it IS Italian.

Comment

Ive heard it mentioned they dont seem to stay working very long!

But if you MUST be stuck on the hardshoulder with the hazards going...well what a way to do it!!
        better then being sat on the hard shoulder in a bl00dy 206!!

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
          Never realy rated them 'till my bro's bought some FFS they can shift even the dzl with traction control can hump most in corners.

But (always the but) the sump will s$$$$e the smallest speed hump and costs £145 + fitting = £500 by any trained Alpha grease monkey.

On the plus side the oil level sender (leci dip stick) is Alpha's best seller yet only costs £22.

Could go on for hours rantin Alpha repairs 'cos I/we see loads of them yet they do make a high strung great car even if it IS Italian.
          Hehe, funny you should mention the sump. I smashed my *aluminium* sump on my Cloverleaf into about a million bits on a speed hump. The immobiliser was ... erm ... random to say the least, but it was brilliant! It was just so involving to drive!

I'd have another tomorrow! You can stick your Audis, BMWs etc up yer hairy a$$. I'll take the stroppy Italian mare any day!

You buy an Alfa with your heart and soul, logic doesn't come into it. An Audi will get you to your destination unruffled and reliably, but you'll enjoy the journey in the Alfa.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Walked by a parked up Brera last night and nearly peed my pants. Stunning car!

They make cars with supercar looks for (nearly) ordinary money, and have one of the loveliest V6s ever.

Think Vicki's getting an Alfa for her next car.

I had one before the Surf and LOVED it. No-one styles cars like the Italians eh? You can stick your Audi TTs and BMW Z3's where the sun dont shine. Give me passion any day!
            I love Italian cars too. My old man had a Lancia Gamma, and Alfa GTV and (latterly, once he had retired, paid off the mortgage etc) a Ferrari 360.

I have this weird notion that I'm keeping the surf for ever and that when I am a grown up and have a drive to park it on I'll get an Alfa for using as my everyday motor (with the surf continuing to carry out it's sh!t-lugging and mountain driving duties).

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Ive heard it mentioned they dont seem to stay working very long!

But if you MUST be stuck on the hardshoulder with the hazards going...well what a way to do it!!
              better then being sat on the hard shoulder in a bl00dy 206!!
              Yep, at least you know people are looking at you from their german blandomobiles thinking what a lucky rebel you are. Even broken down they're a great place to sit!

(For info, my Alfa NEVER broke down in 3 years. I broke stuff through abuse, but that was it)

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                I love Italian cars too. My old man had a Lancia Gamma, and Alfa GTV and (latterly, once he had retired, paid off the mortgage etc) a Ferrari 360.

I have this weird notion that I'm keeping the surf for ever and that when I am a grown up and have a drive to park it on I'll get an Alfa for using as my everyday motor (with the surf continuing to carry out it's sh!t-lugging and mountain driving duties).

yeah i dont see myself planning on getting rid of the surf!! When im a millionaire rockstar ...ahem ... then i'l just keep it my garage with my trillion dollar collection

Comment

$$$$$$$$, why cant I type "s$$$$e" skrape BTFW..

Ignore my last post the sump is £220 + fitting, the sump guard wont come off 'cos the bolt heads are gone via the same speed humps, Alpha sticky stuff AKA silicone sump "gasket" £10, fitting time is 3 hours according to Autodata 4 hours real time. All prices + VAT

Comment

360 eh? Nice, very nice, but not my fave. A bit too civilised if you know what I mean. I prefer the older stuff... 328GTS.

What about a Fiat 20v Turbo Coupe? Awesome! The GTV 3.0 with full RED leather interior. R reg on eBay for £5k!!! Come on!! Thats a steal!

If I buy another 'conventional' car, it WILL be Italian. I would rather do myself in than buy a $$$$$$ Mondectra!

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                      $$$$$$$$, why cant I type "s$$$$e" skrape BTFW..

Ignore my last post the sump is £220 + fitting, the sump guard wont come off 'cos the bolt heads are gone via the same speed humps, Alpha sticky stuff AKA silicone sump "gasket" £10, fitting time is 3 hours according to Autodata 4 hours real time. All prices + VAT
                      Dont remember what mine cost. Think I bought the sump independently and got the local Alfa independent to do that and the variator at the same time. Sounded like a bl00dy diesel til I got that done, then went like sh1t off a shvel again!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        360 eh? Nice, very nice, but not my fave. A bit too civilised if you know what I mean. I prefer the older stuff... 328GTS.

What about a Fiat 20v Turbo Coupe? Awesome! The GTV 3.0 with full RED leather interior. R reg on eBay for £5k!!! Come on!! Thats a steal!

If I buy another 'conventional' car, it WILL be Italian. I would rather do myself in than buy a $$$$$$ Mondectra!
                        I'm not sure civilised is the word. It made the most ridiculous amount of noise....

Fiat Coupe you have to take the entire engine out to change the timing belt. I think it's 60,000 miles?? That's why you see so many for sale with 50 something on them.

They had a twin turbo GTV on the continent. Not as smooth as the 3.0V6, but quicker.

Comment

They had a twin turbo GTV on the continent. Not as smooth as the 3.0V6, but quicker.
                          OOOwwwwwWWW!!!!

Now THAT sounds awesome! They had something like 230bhp NA, so with twin turbos, must have been over 300?

Comment

I wouldnt have a fiat!! Dont like them really truth be told! But i like the chrysler 300C so ignore my opinion on cars!

Comment

FIAT, ...... Anybody?

Comment

Working...
                              X