Effect of 31" tyres on mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Um, can I just say, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Ms Lopez's rear end!

Thank you.

Ah i agree with you! BUT she wouldnt be number one out of say hundred other women!

plus the whole "diva" thing just annoys me!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      Ah i agree with you! BUT she wouldnt be number one out of say hundred other women!

plus the whole "diva" thing just annoys me!

I'll bet I could annoy her much more than she could annoy me......
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        I'll bet I could annoy her much more than she could annoy me......
        You'd have your work cut out mate!!

Comment

I have 33" BF Goodridge MTs on mine and it drinks fuel like it is going out of fashion. When i first put them on I thought omg whats wrong with it.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

tyres

On my first surf I changed the standard 215/75/15 Kumho`s to 265/70/15 in Colway AT`s. Leaving the tyre shop it felt like I was towing something large and heavy. Didn`t notice much fuel difference but down on acceleration/power. Colway`s are known to be heavy though. Rolling -resistance may be more to do with the width of the tyre and tread rather than diameter?
            cheers,
            Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
              On my first surf I changed the standard 215/75/15 Kumho`s to 265/70/15 in Colway AT`s. Leaving the tyre shop it felt like I was towing something large and heavy. Didn`t notice much fuel difference but down on acceleration/power. Colway`s are known to be heavy though. Rolling -resistance may be more to do with the width of the tyre and tread rather than diameter?
              cheers,
              Was that on a narrow body? As far as i am aware standard sizing on a widearch model is 265/70r15

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                Was that on a narrow body? As far as i am aware standard sizing on a widearch model is 265/70r15
                Hi Rod, Yes, It was a narrow-body 1987 1st gen. Done some research into smaller tyres for my current 3 litre wide-bod. and think I could go down to 235/75/15. I think anything smaller than the standard 265/70/15 would look silly under the arches though.