American insurance (NOT SPAM!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho
    F50s are foul. Not sure about the Enzo....

Well it would either be an enzo or a F430!! with regards to ferrari!

I spose theres always the Lamborgini Gallardo! but it dosnt have lamborgini doors though which is more then sh!t!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      Well it would either be an enzo or a F430!! with regards to ferrari!

I spose theres always the Lamborgini Gallardo! but it dosnt have lamborgini doors though which is more then sh!t!!
      Stand and look at a 328. There isn't an angle where it looks less than breathtaking. Some latter models are built with one eye on wind tunnel data, and dont have the style of the ones where the designers had one eye on a yound Sophia Loren.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Stand and look at a 328. There isn't an angle where it looks less than breathtaking. Some latter models are built with one eye on wind tunnel data, and dont have the style of the ones where the designers had one eye on a yound Sophia Loren.
        Do you what interests me! The fact that some porsches are really really serious money and every time i see one its not a "wow look at that" moment its just a acknowledgement of its existance in the same way you would look both ways when coming to a junction just to avoid a modectra trashing your wheel arches!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          Yeah it did cheers mate!! would you recommend any insurance providers??

Also do you have any experiance with either Dodge Rams (1998-2007) or ford F-250's (03-06)
          Glad I could help. I've no direct experience with either one though the diesels in both are quite powerful and come highly recommended. The dodges are known as a thiefs friend because they are very easy to break in to, all you need is a flat screw driver, and I think they have ben reported to have a habit of warping brake rotors easily.

The Fords have an issue with the oil pan rusting out and leaking but if you buy in a dry state that should not be a problem. The auto box E4D? A4E? is a piece of shyite... problematic and prone to failure but if you stick with the manny tranny no problem at all...

You will have a hard time finding a manual box if that is what you want as they are very rare over here... [you can't even buy a man. surf at all anymore]... though they are around.
          Be wary of buying anything already "lifted" ie off road suspension etc. as these have probably been abused and you have no idea if the installer was a pro or just a shade tree mechanic, also some lift kits are of better quality then others as you know.
          I think you would have an easier time sourcing spares in the uk with the ford but you would have a better idea about that then I would...
          Cheers Aviator

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            I'm a fan of Italian cars in case you hadn't noticed!

Me too, but my all time favorite car, is and Italian / American cocktail, the DeTomaso Pantera GTS.
            Italian styling, with American muscle.

Comment

As an edit to my previous post I found out today that the provinces of Saskatchewan and Quebec also have government sourced auto insurance in addition to my previously mentioned British Columbia and Manitoba.
              As for private suppliers that are available in the U.S. I only know of two State Farm and Geico. Geico claims to provide quotes online.
              FWIW State Farm is currently facing a lot of contraversy for their treatment of clients who were victims of Hurricane Katrina, they've been making a lot of BS denials of claims and are also low balling a lot of settlement offers for the rest, this despite recording record profits for the years since the event... don't know if you'd want to do business with an organization like that....[unless you had to].
              Cheers Aviator

Comment

Working...
              X