X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onlynik
    Total Est. Time: 41 hours, 31 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 2795.58 miles
    The trip I fancied was around 3500 miles.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
      I think that in the US, Australia, New Zealand and some others, compulsory insurance is included in the annual licence/tax/registration. You can certainly drive anyone's car in Australia or New Zealand without your own insurance; primarily to drive you very inebriated boss and his jag home in my experience.
      Insurance not included in lic/reg in NA except for Manitoba and BC Canada which have gov't insurance. When you have insurance if you loan your car to someone you loan your insurance also... if person in accident your rates go up... if person dui you are buggered [insurance wise].

You can get temporary insurance to cover you while you are "transporting" your vehicle to the port of exit. When you buy bring a letter from the shipping company/customs broker that the vehicle is being sold for export and you might be able to avoid having to pay state/provincial taxes up front.
      These usually refunded all or in part upon export but you may have to wait a while to get it.
      You can also get a temporary vehicle reg./licence [usually good for 10-30 days depending on jurisdiction]

Hope this helped Aviator

Comment

Originally posted by aviator
        Insurance not included in lic/reg in NA except for Manitoba and BC Canada which have gov't insurance. When you have insurance if you loan your car to someone you loan your insurance also... if person in accident your rates go up... if person dui you are buggered [insurance wise].

You can get temporary insurance to cover you while you are "transporting" your vehicle to the port of exit. When you buy bring a letter from the shipping company/customs broker that the vehicle is being sold for export and you might be able to avoid having to pay state/provincial taxes up front.
        These usually refunded all or in part upon export but you may have to wait a while to get it.
        You can also get a temporary vehicle reg./licence [usually good for 10-30 days depending on jurisdiction]

Hope this helped Aviator
        Yeah it did cheers mate!! would you recommend any insurance providers??

Also do you have any experiance with either Dodge Rams (1998-2007) or ford F-250's (03-06)

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          ahh!! ...well on a plus side you got to drive a jag!
          It was an X-Type

Comment

do you have any experiance with either Dodge Rams (1998-2007) or ford F-250's (03-06)
            You naughty naughty boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              The trip I fancied was around 3500 miles.

Gumball or cannonball?

Comment

Friend of a friend organises the Gumball. Max Cooper. Went to school with a mate of mine.

One of the participants is still the holder of the worlds highest speed speeding ticket. Seem to recall it was about 230mph in a 55mph limit

Comment

Friend of a friend organises the Gumball. Max Cooper. Went to school with a mate of mine.

One of the participants is still the holder of the worlds highest speed speeding ticket. Seem to recall it was about 230mph in a 55mph limit

Good man!

Comment

bloomin 'eck! what car was that in?? 2.4 surf?

Comment

bloomin 'eck! what car was that in?? 2.4 surf?
                      It was that Swedish or Swiss thing... Koeniggzeddeddedd or something.

Comment

It was that Swedish or Swiss thing... Koeniggzeddeddedd or something.
                        Ah yeah i know what you mean!! Nice cars!

So what would be your choosen car/truck! money no object!

Comment

Probably something with a prancing horse on it. F40 if money no object. Just looks more 'serious' than the F50, which is a bit 'Baywatch'?

I'm a fan of Italian cars in case you hadn't noticed!

Comment

Probably something with a prancing horse on it. F40 if money no object. Just looks more 'serious' than the F50, which is a bit 'Baywatch'?

I'm a fan of Italian cars in case you hadn't noticed!

I had picked up you might have been a fan of italian cars!

I love the F50 but it is like sooooo 1996!
                            I would be seriously tempted by a Enzo!!!

Comment

I had picked up you might have been a fan of italian cars!

I love the F50 but it is like sooooo 1996!
                              I would be seriously tempted by a Enzo!!!
                              F50s are foul. Not sure about the Enzo....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                                F50s are foul. Not sure about the Enzo....
                                Too much like the F50 (in fact, a derivative of) but the F40... now there's a 'tool'. Paint so thin to keep the weight down that the CF weave shows through...

Now THAT is 'extreme'

Comment

Working...
                                X