lift kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaky cakes
    I made these at 1.5" just to be on the safe side of average - also saves too much messing about with steering column chaffing, and also mrs JK may still be able to get in!!
    On my jobs to do list at the moment - too cold out and my knee's fcuked at the moment (if you didn't already know!!)

Oh - while i'm on...quick question to those in the know...Are LC springs any longer than standard surf springs??
    Having bother with my insurance over raised suspension (2" blocks and 20% springs) and thinking of swapping my current set up for LC springs if the height is the same. That way I can tell insurance that I've replaced surf with standard toyota springs (well it's the truth!!!) and save having to get an engineers report and paying a raised premium!
    l/c springs are about 4" to 5"longer than standard surf springs and a lot stronger.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      yep and the gear selectors aswell

Hope you can get yours done when the hip is better before srtts!! you could always call on some of us to help! not sure what use i wiould be but if you need hole cut in your truck i dont mind giving it a go!
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I read somewhere that the 2" lift kits, only give an inch of height because they replace a standard 1" high mounting block!

Ive found some 3" body lift blocks for a £5 a piece!
        I wouldnt like to say anything about the quality of em tho!

But anything higher then the 2" lift makes a truck look damn stupid if you remove the sidesteps because all you can see is gap between the body n chassis!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          I read somewhere that the 2" lift kits, only give an inch of height because they replace a standard 1" high mounting block!

Ive found some 3" body lift blocks for a £5 a piece!
          I wouldnt like to say anything about the quality of em tho!

But anything higher then the 2" lift makes a truck look damn stupid if you remove the sidesteps because all you can see is gap between the body n chassis!

There's no blocks in there as standard, just a rubber washer.

So 2" lift blocks will give you just that!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            There's no blocks in there as standard, just a rubber washer.

So 2" lift blocks will give you just that!
            oh.... i just read that on some aussie site!

fair enough though!

I'll keep quiet now

Comment

Lift the drivers side first ,as it will lessen the amount of metal that you have to remove from around the hi / low selector
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                sure i saw somthing on ebag tody for extending steering column

maybe worth a look.

cheers scotty

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steering-Shaft-Extension-Fits-all-Toyota-Pickup-Trucks_W0QQitemZ200084565248QQ ihZ010QQcategoryZ10428QQtcZpho toQQcmdZViewItem

Wow thats a long link!!
                Monster trucks, BIG,Loud,Fast, What's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by Supertrux
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steering-Shaft-Extension-Fits-all-Toyota-Pickup-Trucks_W0QQitemZ200084565248QQ ihZ010QQcategoryZ10428QQtcZpho toQQcmdZViewItem

Wow thats a long link!!
                  It certainly is! and it wont click on, bugga typeing that lot in
                  The mount's on these trucks are different to the ones i replaced on me old Buick, they were like round engine mounts, bonded rubber with steel plates each side and studs, the toyota ones look easier to modify,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    It certainly is! and it wont click on, bugga typeing that lot in
                    The mount's on these trucks are different to the ones i replaced on me old Buick, they were like round engine mounts, bonded rubber with steel plates each side and studs, the toyota ones look easier to modify,
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steering-Shaft...QQcmdZViewItem same link, but linked.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Nero

How'd you do that then??

regards nigel
                      Monster trucks, BIG,Loud,Fast, What's not to like?

Comment

copied your link into the address bar of a new window, then copied it back,
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Working...
                        X