lift kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift kits

Has anyone a close up pic of one of these 2" mounts and possibly the diameter of it and what it's made of? (and possibly make em, bring em here and fit em , only jokeing) judgeing by the thread below (who makes lift kits) it seems Jotto's got a lot on his plate at the mo and i'm wondering if i could possibly make em my self,
    By the looks of some pic's i've seen they were either made of hard wearing nylon plastic stuff or alloy, they look like they'd be fairly simple to make unless i'm missing something, i would'nt want to make it dangerious, cos you know the power of these 2.4's, i could floor it and end up sitting in my cab while the chassi f**ks off down the road,
    I can manage the bracket's my self but i only got a very small lathe (modleing lathe) and i wont get 2"-2"1/2" stock in it, also i suppose the longer bolts are available, high tensile?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

i agree ian

all these 3.0 owners under estimate the power of us 2.4's

aye right

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
      i agree ian

aye right

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
        Has anyone a close up pic of one of these 2" mounts and possibly the diameter of it and what it's made of? (and possibly make em, bring em here and fit em , only jokeing) judgeing by the thread below (who makes lift kits) it seems Jotto's got a lot on his plate at the mo and i'm wondering if i could possibly make em my self,
        By the looks of some pic's i've seen they were either made of hard wearing nylon plastic stuff or alloy, they look like they'd be fairly simple to make unless i'm missing something, i would'nt want to make it dangerious, cos you know the power of these 2.4's, i could floor it and end up sitting in my cab while the chassi f**ks off down the road,
        I can manage the bracket's my self but i only got a very small lathe (modleing lathe) and i wont get 2"-2"1/2" stock in it, also i suppose the longer bolts are available, high tensile?
        ian i have a set of 3" lift blocks here if you want them.you could always machine them down to 2" i made a spare set when i did mine,just in case.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
          i agree ian

aye right
          we would never do that
          colin

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
            ian i have a set of 3" lift blocks here if you want them.you could always machine them down to 2" i made a spare set when i did mine,just in case.
            Cheers mate, you got a PM

Comment

Originally posted by colin timney
              we would never do that
              colin

aye ye would

cheers scotty

Comment

Right next question is:- if i put the 3" blocks on i'd have to fab summat up for the steering columb right?, i think 2" is about as far as you can push it if i remember the posts

Comment

Right next question is:- if i put the 3" blocks on i'd have to fab summat up for the steering columb right?, i think 2" is about as far as you can push it if i remember the posts
                  yep and the gear selectors aswell
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

sure i saw somthing on ebag tody for extending steering column

maybe worth a look.

cheers scotty

Comment

well there are two places you can split the column.at the top just under the dash.and at the bottom by the flexible joint.you will also need to get a piece of pipe to make the fuel filler neck longer,and also remove some metal around the high low selector and around the bottom of the steering column as it goes through the bulkhead as well as the bumper drop brackets and the radiator drop brackets.some one like serco ryan or allfix will do longer high tensile bolts.you will also have to bend the handbrake bracket up on the chassis so the cable runs smoothly.youll see what i mean when you do it.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Are these what you're after??
                        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Cheers Mark, Ali, i'm getting carried away here, think on reflection i'd better stick with 2", my missis will never get in, she's in for a shock when she finds its higher than it was when it went in the garage, i told her this lift thing would give me more clearance under the bonnet, well i was'nt lieing was i, just did'nt mention the whole thing is going to be higher, i'll say it must be due to takeing all that weight off while i was doing it, and dont worry it'll settle down again

Comment

Cheers Mark, Ali, i'm getting carried away here, think on reflection i'd better stick with 2", my missis will never get in, she's in for a shock when she finds its higher than it was when it went in the garage, i told her this lift thing would give me more clearance under the bonnet, well i was'nt lieing was i, just did'nt mention the whole thing is going to be higher, i'll say it must be due to takeing all that weight off while i was doing it, and dont worry it'll settle down again

Are you sure it will come out of that garage with a 2" lift on it?
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I made these at 1.5" just to be on the safe side of average - also saves too much messing about with steering column chaffing, and also mrs JK may still be able to get in!!
                              On my jobs to do list at the moment - too cold out and my knee's fcuked at the moment (if you didn't already know!!)

Oh - while i'm on...quick question to those in the know...Are LC springs any longer than standard surf springs??
                              Having bother with my insurance over raised suspension (2" blocks and 20% springs) and thinking of swapping my current set up for LC springs if the height is the same. That way I can tell insurance that I've replaced surf with standard toyota springs (well it's the truth!!!) and save having to get an engineers report and paying a raised premium!
                              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
                              X