Running out of Surf's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Have a look at all the land cruisers around that are 40 yrs old, although the early ones are less complicated than the surfs, I guess it depends how much money you wanna throw at a vehicle.

I think the surfs biggest enemy in this country/ hemisphere ( apart from woodzie of course ) is rust. If that could be eliminated the surf would live forever.
    Please see below for my ultimate truck, for sale on ebay.built in 1967.
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Especially as I have his truck here ATM...........

Oh yeah I forgot about that?

How are you getting on fitting the perming lotion rack? and do ya think the alternator is up to running heated rollers 24/7

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by DitchCrawler
        I was only wondering, as the surf seemed to reach its pinnacle of development, both in style and performance, with the early 3rd gens** & that was in the mid to late 90's, previous to that 1st & 2nd gen surfs seem to have been a sort of a mismatch of parts, almost parts bin specials IYKWIM
        And since the 3rd gen there has been little to beat it.
        As your salon on wheels is at Tony's (who, as far as I am aware, only owns 1st and 2nd gens) welcome to this week's vote
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
          Gotta admit I kinda like this http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/BT-5...ACHEHINT=Guest

Also branded as a Ford but 2.6k less
          As an ex owner of the B2500 (Ford Ranger in disguise) I have to say the build quality was ok but off-road in 4wd it was like Bambi on acid I needed hald a ton of blocks in the back to keep it stable ! much amusement on the langdale quest at me doing the course sideways ! oh and the bench seat in the back very uncomfortable for moaning passengers
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Welcome to the 3RD GEN the SURF that will go on for a bit in the 21st CENTURY LOL
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              Welcome to the 3RD GEN the SURF that will go on for a bit in the 21st CENTURY LOL
              3rd gen owners do go on a bit...........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                3rd gen owners do go on a bit...........
                Its cos they are used to chatting to the victims....Sorry Clients when they cut and style hair
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

You have to chat to the victims especially when you are using hair straighteners, in the comfort of your more luxurious 3rd Gen Surf complete with all mod cons and new Battery etc !

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                    You have to chat to the victims especially when you are using hair straighteners, in the comfort of your more luxurious 3rd Gen Surf complete with all mod cons and new Battery etc !
                    Strapped / sorry restrained ,to the seat by the better improved seat belt
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Oh Yes !
                      Mind you I did have a very embarasing situation last week, I offered to give a victim a lift to the nearest garage for some spares (plus look at the latest range of crimpers) and he being shall I say rather portly (25 stone) he couldn't fasten his safety belt ! so how do the japs get round that with all these sumo's roaming the streets ?

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                        Oh Yes !
                        Mind you I did have a very embarasing situation last week, I offered to give a victim a lift to the nearest garage for some spares (plus look at the latest range of crimpers) and he being shall I say rather portly (25 stone) he couldn't fasten his safety belt ! so how do the japs get round that with all these sumo's roaming the streets ?
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                        X