• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not my fault I have been converted to Blue

I keep getting all these urges to dare I say,
    Drive off road!!

But I can't cos of this chav exhaust!
    Think it might be effecting me in odd ways.

This is a job for Dr Anglegrinder!

Come on TonyN sort out the exhaust for me
    Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Hi Just got a 95 ssrg 3.0 auto surf. all the info in this section I understand and is really usefull. at the risk of being a pain, is it the same in an auto, simply push the button on the 4wd knob to get 4 wheel drive and can it be done at speed as with the manuals or do I need to stop before selecting

Comment

Unless you want to screw up your drive shafts and transfer box , i would not recomend switching in to 4wd at speed, although i think the electronics stop you doing this anyway , and wait till your at a sensible speed !

if off road , you will not wanting to be that quick anyway.

4WD on anything other than mud , snow , gravel is pretty much a no no
        just dont do it. wait until your on some loose stuff , then you will see the benefit.

ENJOY

http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Thanxs for the quick reply.

No intention of using on the hard stuff, I think I was going more down the lines of if I am on soft stuff then I do not fancy having to stop to select 4 wheel drive. I take from your answer that I should be able to select without stopping totally therefore OK - Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by J W
            Thanxs for the quick reply.

No intention of using on the hard stuff, I think I was going more down the lines of if I am on soft stuff then I do not fancy having to stop to select 4 wheel drive. I take from your answer that I should be able to select without stopping totally therefore OK - Thanks
            you can't change from high to low while moving, only from 2wd to 4wd... is it a 2nd or 3rd gen?

3rd gen you can press the button while on tarmac upto about 60mph... but if you're gonna use 4wd then i can't see that you'd be doing 60 mph (except the time i raced some bikes accross the ridgeway!)
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

So not to sound like a complete numpty, but putting the 4wd lever into N will engage two wheel drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Weseastham
                So not to sound like a complete numpty, but putting the 4wd lever into N will engage two wheel drive?

If the transfer lever is in neutral, you'll have zero wheel drive!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  If the transfer lever is in neutral, you'll have zero wheel drive!
                  So my second gear stick thingy has 4H, 4L and N. Do I have 4WD all the time on my surf?

Comment

Originally posted by Weseastham
                    So my second gear stick thingy has 4H, 4L and N. Do I have 4WD all the time on my surf?
                    only when in 4H with the 4wd button depressed will you have 2wd. does you 4wd light on the dash work?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                      only when in 4H with the 4wd button depressed will you have 2wd. does you 4wd light on the dash work?
                      I shall let you know tomorrow my good man. Off for a drive to saddleworth moors.

Comment

All explained here......
                        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...80&postcount=9
                        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...1&postcount=10
                        Last edited by Koi; 23 October 2007, 09:42.

Comment

Working...
                        X