No announcement yet.

'Dragging' rear wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to help, I'll miss-quote brian ferry, I must be out of the in crowd!
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Take no notice of them - or better still give them some abuse !

They'll thank you for it .......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Take no notice of them - or better still give them some abuse !

They'll thank you for it .......

err thanks
        Dave

Comment

You're welcome !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

how much work would it be to put a 3rd gen center diff on a 2nd gen?

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
              Err - ta very much

HEhehehe minor back fire there?
              mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

nah not really, just having a laff, anyone who knows me knows I got a warped sense of humour - never any animosity shown.

And Predictable Bob was on the ball in the post above his last one.

cos I'm an me is
                Dave

Comment

OK so (retard mode on ) on me '95 manual surf it has normal gears on right & lever on left which has a button on side with 4WD on it & when pushed forward light comes on dash with 4WD on it i presume that is the L4 mode?
                  So if it's all way back with button in is that H4 & should there be a light on dash?
                  middle is netral it would seem.........

As i say seem to be midreading all that or sumin how do i get normal 4wd mode on for when it is seriously wet or as currently snowy?
                  Ta muchly
                  Si (AKA ignorant)
                  [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/scooby_si/Scooby_siSig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by scooby_si
                    OK so (retard mode on ) on me '95 manual surf it has normal gears on right & lever on left which has a button on side with 4WD on it & when pushed forward light comes on dash with 4WD on it i presume that is the L4 mode?
                    So if it's all way back with button in is that H4 & should there be a light on dash?
                    middle is netral it would seem.........

As i say seem to be midreading all that or sumin how do i get normal 4wd mode on for when it is seriously wet or as currently snowy?
                    Ta muchly
                    Si (AKA ignorant)
                    H4 is "normal" 4x4... L4 is 4x4 low ratio

you don't have the option of full time 4x4 (diff open) for road driving
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Yes, you should have a light.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Yes, you should have a light.

damm fine idea ())))))_______________3

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

how u mean fine idea?

Amyway i'll have a play to see if it does actually come on with the button in once moving etc etc. Is there anything potentially wrong of it didnt light up in H4 but did in L4 mode?

Generally then at what point with on road driving is it safe or cunning to enter H4 mode. I know from my scooby owning days that it's the slowing down bit which is the main danger in icy type conditions so 4WD doesn't give you a licence to drive like a tw4t but anyway if there's any theories on when you like to hit the more power captain button speak now
                          Ta
                          Si

Comment

how u mean fine idea?

Amyway i'll have a play to see if it does actually come on with the button in once moving etc etc. Is there anything potentially wrong of it didnt light up in H4 but did in L4 mode?

Generally then at what point with on road driving is it safe or cunning to enter H4 mode. I know from my scooby owning days that it's the slowing down bit which is the main danger in icy type conditions so 4WD doesn't give you a licence to drive like a tw4t but anyway if there's any theories on when you like to hit the more power captain button speak now
                            Ta
                            Si
                            If you haven't got a gen 3 with an open centre dif then the smart time to go for 4wd on the road is when you can't go forward without using it! Using it while the wheels still have a fair amount of grip will promote undue stress within the transmission. In addition if you are driving at anything like normal road speeds you may find that you end up doing a bit of involuntary off roading as you take a trip into the scenery.
                            Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

that sounds sensible it was fact he is quoting about having the light as being the cunning plan which totally confused me
                              Si

Comment

Replacing Radio/cdplayer

Post moved..............

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...305#post180305

Last edited by TonyN; 27 March 2006, 21:10. Reason: Wrong forum/Sluggy silliness

Comment

Working...
                                X