Wet Morning+Surf = Slippy Slidey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allo all.

Thought I might have a say aswell about this topic. I've had my Surf just over a week now and I'm still like a dog with 2 d**ks. I've noticed I'm more aware of the road conditions and whats going on around me cos of the height I'm sitting at and the bulk of my Surf compared to my Honda Accord I had. My first week with my Surf was in Devon with 4 adults and enough gear packed in the back to keep us there for a year (she always over does the packing thing) and we drove everywhere everyday and to those of you who have been there, you'll know how hilly it is and how narrow some of the back roads are....... Anyway, I noticed how well my Surf stuck to the road when loaded and how it twitches at the back especially when it's wet, but what I would like to know is there anyway of adjusting the load on my suspension etc to compensate for the difference? I dont have a switch/button to adjust the ride from soft/med/hard unless it's very well hidden, but I do have a 4wd button on the 2nd lever and Overdrive button on the Auto gear stick. The only other visible button is the ECT one and I've sussed that one out now....

Sorry for being so long winded.

Trev.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
      Allo all.

Thought I might have a say aswell about this topic. I've had my Surf just over a week now and I'm still like a dog with 2 d**ks. I've noticed I'm more aware of the road conditions and whats going on around me cos of the height I'm sitting at and the bulk of my Surf compared to my Honda Accord I had. My first week with my Surf was in Devon with 4 adults and enough gear packed in the back to keep us there for a year (she always over does the packing thing) and we drove everywhere everyday and to those of you who have been there, you'll know how hilly it is and how narrow some of the back roads are....... Anyway, I noticed how well my Surf stuck to the road when loaded and how it twitches at the back especially when it's wet, but what I would like to know is there anyway of adjusting the load on my suspension etc to compensate for the difference? I dont have a switch/button to adjust the ride from soft/med/hard unless it's very well hidden, but I do have a 4wd button on the 2nd lever and Overdrive button on the Auto gear stick. The only other visible button is the ECT one and I've sussed that one out now....

Sorry for being so long winded.

Trev.
      Dude - Welcome and all that, but you should have a button for your suspenders on the dash or on the RHS. If you have a 1996 3.0l TD like mine, it should be there, unless they took it out and put a for light switch there instead - in which case go back and tell em they are door knobs and to put it back again.

Should help a tad.

Best regards and happy surfin.

Ron.

ps - dont be so polite - bein long winded is fine!!
      Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

JUST WAIT TILL FROST & SNOW ARRIVE. IT'LL BE BONKERS ON THIS THREAD
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          JUST WAIT TILL FROST & SNOW ARRIVE. IT'LL BE BONKERS ON THIS THREAD
          ahhhhhhh, Snow. Can't wait, bring it!!!!!

Last winter seemed so long ago................

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

slippin way

The best thing to do when its wet is put it im 4wd wont stray anywhere then.
            Last edited by LASH; 11 September 2003, 21:32.

Comment

I've got a 2nd gen and wont be puttin it in 4wd on tarmac wet or dry.

If you're rounding a bend in the wet so fast that you'll probably loose it if you alter anything you're dangerous. How do you think you're meant to stop if suddenly your wife with a buggy comes into view immediately on your left and a lorry is pounding towards you on your right.

Back in July a fella wedged himself between me in the ERF and the wall, I was stopped by the time he hit me, he was still travelling. Lucky for the pedestrians, they werent there - for him he learnt nothing so he'll get them next time the dickhead

Comment

Snow Surfin- Bring It On!!!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                  I've got a 2nd gen and wont be puttin it in 4wd on tarmac wet or dry.

If you're rounding a bend in the wet so fast that you'll probably loose it if you alter anything you're dangerous. How do you think you're meant to stop if suddenly your wife with a buggy comes into view immediately on your left and a lorry is pounding towards you on your right.

Back in July a fella wedged himself between me in the ERF and the wall, I was stopped by the time he hit me, he was still travelling. Lucky for the pedestrians, they werent there - for him he learnt nothing so he'll get them next time the dickhead

Reading the above again I'm thinkin nobody logs on here to listen to me give out yarns and why the heck would they.

Hey if you cant criticize yourself, who could you...

"lock him up"

Comment

Originally posted by JimL

Reading the above again I'm thinkin nobody logs on here to listen to me give out yarns and why the heck would they.

Hey if you cant criticize yourself, who could you...

"lock him up"

hehe, I like your storys Jim

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X