Rear window relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Vince, simplest way to do that would be a cap across the coil.

My truck ain't got a coil, it's a diesel!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      My truck ain't got a coil, it's a diesel!
      Oohhh. Why me? The relay coil.

Comment

Rear window relays

Relays are avalable from
        Omron Electronic Components Europe
        Sub-Miniature Automotive PCB Relay
        G8SN-1C7-CUK 12DC (320oms) spdt motor,resistive.

Or from Maplins
        JM67X 12V/12A Min relay
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

You've got me thinking about that poxy switch now Vince. What method are you planning on using?

Comment

You've got me thinking about that poxy switch now Vince. What method are you planning on using?

Dunno know really, I was just going to kind of copy the drivers window switch, unless you or Apache can design a small circuit or relay set-up that can be spliced into the wiring at the centre consol switch, so that it can be fitted under the consol.

Comment

Dunno know really, I was just going to kind of copy the drivers window switch, unless you or Apache can design a small circuit or relay set-up that can be spliced into the wiring at the centre consol switch, so that it can be fitted under the consol.
              Would you want a variable time delay?

Comment

Would you want a variable time delay?

Not really, just the same as the drivers window, just press up or down once and the window opens or closes by itself handsfree!

Comment

Not really, just the same as the drivers window, just press up or down once and the window opens or closes by itself handsfree!
                  I'll have a diddle. I might have some timer kits already knocking about. If not, should be easy enough to make you one up.

Comment

Cool!

Will there be limit switches involved? I haven't even looked at the wiring diagrams for the front windows yet!

Comment

Cool!

Will there be limit switches involved? I haven't even looked at the wiring diagrams for the front windows yet!
                      Doesn't the rear window already have a trip switch? If not, it should be easy enough to add some. Either that or just fine tune the timer when you fit it.

Comment

Doesn't the rear window already have a trip switch? If not, it should be easy enough to add some. Either that or just fine tune the timer when you fit it.

I don't think it has, as you can hear the motor straining if you leave your finger on the button or the key turned when the window gets to the end of it's travel.

Comment

I don't think it has, as you can hear the motor straining if you leave your finger on the button or the key turned when the window gets to the end of it's travel.
                          A couple of leaf spring switches should be able to sort that bit out. I'd assume there'll be somewhere to mount them near the glass runner.

Comment

A couple of leaf spring switches should be able to sort that bit out. I'd assume there'll be somewhere to mount them near the glass runner.

Would they be leaf springs from the Hilux pick-up, or any other off-road vehicle?

Comment

Just gonna nip out and see if I've got anything to hand that'll do the job.

Comment

Just been and had a look, and have some interior courtesy light timers. 0-60 seconds adjustable. How do they sound? I'll try and dig you the specs out for 'em.

These are the beasties:

http://www.velleman.de/ot/en/product/view/?id=9141

Comment

Working...
                                X