Rear window relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window relays

Completely useless post, but just thought I'd mention what a difference it makes when you replace the relays 'cos they're playing up. Got to the point where I was having to turn the key or use the switch multiple times before the window finally decided to go up. Changed 'em the other day, and keep having a random play with the window every time I go near her, and she's not glitched once yet.

hi what kind do you use was it surf one's or from somethink els just mines playing up
    BIG HAMMER FOR HIRE

Comment

Originally posted by large
      hi what kind do you use was it surf one's or from somethink els just mines playing up
      Replaced the relays on the rear window control panel with new relays.

Comment

hi but were they new one's from toyota or from some were like maplins as i got a price for toyota one's and i'd let it stay f**ked for that
        BIG HAMMER FOR HIRE

Comment

Matt, you havin a bit of a relay fest at the mo?
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Talking of rear window electrics, I'm gonna modify my internal window switch so that it's a one touch operation for up or down, 'cos it just looks strange when you're sitting there with your finger on the switch waiting for the glass to lower
            Handy when you've got dark tint, it's the middle of the night, and you need to reverse up a single track country lane into a layby/passing spot 'cos there's some blonde chav in a pink Ford Ka coming up the hill and her driving instructor never showed her where reverse gear was!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Talking of rear window electrics, I'm gonna modify my internal window switch so that it's a one touch operation for up or down, 'cos it just looks strange when you're sitting there with your finger on the switch waiting for the glass to lower
              Handy when you've got dark tint, it's the middle of the night, and you need to reverse up a single track country lane into a layby/passing spot 'cos there's some blonde chav in a pink Ford Ka coming up the hill and her driving instructor never showed her where reverse gear was!!
              What if you want it half way

Comment

BIG HAMMER FOR HIRE

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                  What if you want it half way

Still do that with the key from the outside.
                  I've never needed to lower it halfway whilst driving, mainly 'cos my two dogs will do a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Still do that with the key from the outside.
                    I've never needed to lower it halfway whilst driving, mainly 'cos my two dogs will do a runner.
                    Maybe if you only have it half way, only one of them will.

Comment

I wasn't being funny when i said half way, i have a boat and need to see just over the top of it when reversing and at night it helps with window down half way, so if you could make or mod the switch to do both one touch and hold i would do the same. If not possible i will leave it as is.

Comment

Large: Any relay with the same pinout and a large enough contact rating, 15A should be fine. Make sure they fit in the enclosure physically, as well. Maplins stock some appropriate for the use, apparently. Will that information prevent another response?
                        Last edited by MattF; 23 February 2007, 23:46.

Comment

Vince, simplest way to do that would be a cap across the coil.

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                            Matt, you havin a bit of a relay fest at the mo?
                            Always. I love relays.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              Large: Any relay with the same pinout and a large enough contact rating, 15A should be fine. Make sure they fit in the enclosure physically, as well. Maplins stock some appropriate for the use, apparently. Will that information prevent another response?

thanks will have a look about at the weekend saying that it is the weekend
                              BIG HAMMER FOR HIRE

Comment

Working...
                              X