blue may be faster

but black is best
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        Thanks.

Comment

What speed are the auto box's?
          I hired a Hiace last year on holiday a diesel with a auto box 2 speed with over drive it needed more gear's hated the car cos of the gearbox!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyBulldog
            I curently have a BMW with an auto box and it has an intermittent problem and it would cost more to get it fixed than the car is worth. Thats why I would like a manual.
            BMW auto gearboxes are “sealed for life” and so never have the oil changed at service time, which can lead to problems.

The auto gearboxes are supposed to be good on the Surfs. Mine is auto and I don’t think I would go back to a manual by choice.

Oh and there is another more powerful (and rare) version of the Surf that Sancho and I have… with the 3.0 Ltr V6 Petrol engine
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR

Oh and there is another more powerful (and rare) version of the Surf that Sancho and I have… with the 3.0 Ltr V6 Petrol engine
              Don't forget Truckarms too.

Comment

I agree with all the others, there is no comparison to a Surf, they are fantasticlly versatile and quick not to mention very cool!!!!!
                Regards Colin.

Comment

Originally posted by PDR

Oh and there is another more powerful (and rare) version of the Surf its called surfenstein:
                  sorry boys had to do it.i personaly would go for the 3.0ltr auto 2nd gen.best of the best.but thats just my opinion.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

lets get to the answer

The surf is the 1st 4x4 vehicle I have had and with the auto box. I have had the chance to drive the Disco and found the disco to have a miserable turning circle for backing horseboxes up tight lanes to the stables where the surf has been able to do it in one or two attempts [disco was 5 attempts at going back and forward]. The Disco owner didnt have the confidence in driving the vehicle in such a tight spot as there was a drainage gulley right in front for the wash off from the fields.

If you can afford it, go for a 3.0ltr as that extra power does help. I have had an Ifor Double trailer on the back and albeit packed with bails of hay, camping gear and other bits for use down at malvern I had to keep looking back to see if the trailer was there. The horses were in the horse box!

if you do go for a 2.4 make sure its had a head change and is certified to the fact.

the surf has not let me down and managed to go everywere I have asked of it other than when the driver has made the mistake and knackered parts off-roading.

I do alot of motorway driving and have found the autobox fine at all legal speeds [evening officer].

The surfs downfall is its manufacturers pulling limit of approx 2 tonnes although others have pulled more than this with no probs and because its part-time on the 1st and 2nd gen you cant use 4wheel drive on the dry stuff.
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                      sorry boys had to do it.i personaly would go for the 3.0ltr auto 2nd gen.best of the best.but thats just my opinion.
                      Ha, ha very funny but yours is not a real production model is it
                      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Mine Is & Its fast
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                          Ha, ha very funny but yours is not a real production model is it
                          of course it is,thats how they should of been made.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            blue may be faster

but black is best
                            SILVER is even FASTER
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              Mine Is & Its fast
                              the more i look at yours marky the more i like it. what have i just said.
                              Last edited by surfenstein; 23 February 2007, 21:49.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                                the more i look at yours marky the more i like it. what have i just said.
                                Shhhhh we'll keep it QUIET
                                (\__/)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X