Letter from Tony Blair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logey79
    well said tony...you been on the clever pills again?
    No .....Not been down the pub yet
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
      The most sensible solution to help ease congestion would be to restrict the amount of cars per household to a maximum of 2.I know several families near me who have 4 cars per household some have to use on street parking,which in my opinion is totally selfish and $$$$ing ignorant.

I have a works Transit, my Surf and my two sons cars all are taxed moted and insured every year, my 19 year old son who pays nearly £1500 insurance on a clio is entitled to park his car on the street outside my house, "selfish and ignorant" I THINK NOT
      Cheers Jer...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        You're falling into the trap of banning stuff that dosn't effect you, most people don't own a 4x4, so banning then is fine.

We own a Horse Lorry, Linda's truck, My Truck, our offroad truck, and currently a few others that are being built to sell on. All are used, and we can justify the need for them (although we shouldn't have to)

As a gass guzzling, kid killing, planet destroying 4x4 owner, you'll know how if feels to be ignorantly generalised and dismissed. You should know better than that statement!

I say Tony for PM.
        Just have to form the Surf political party to back him up.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Tony is the PM???!!!!???
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
            Tony is the PM???!!!!???
            He meant TonyN for PM....
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
              The most sensible solution to help ease congestion would be to restrict the amount of cars per household to a maximum of 2.I know several families near me who have 4 cars per household some have to use on street parking,which in my opinion is totally selfish and $$$$ing ignorant.

We currently own 6 vehicles between the 2 of us... but we can only drive a maximum of 2 at any one time... so how on earth can telling us to sell 4 of them improve congestion??? None are kept on the highway when parked.

Besides - what RIGHT does anyone have to tell me that?? They try to tell me not to drive a 4x4 either... and thats another pile of steaming smelly stuff... IMHO.
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I'm selfish and ignorant coz I can afford to be coz I work hard for a living, and choose to spend MY money on what I want, ( no law against that YET)

My MONEY, MY 4x4, MY CHOICE! HA!
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I'd be quite happy to pay to travel on the roads but only if the Road Fund Licence was abolished and all fuel duty was abolished as well. That way those that drive the most would pay the most and many of us would be very much better off. But there again I either walk or cycle to work, my Surf spends most of the time sat on the drive and only usually goes out at night in the periods when the congestion charges either don't apply or would be minimal.

There again, by the time they could bring it in I'll be retired anyway and probably looking to move abroad, to leave more room for all the illegals, assylum seekers (intentional mis-spelling), druggies, crooks and bent politicians to finally screw this country into the ground.

On the other hand, isn't it time we had a revolution in this country and chucked out all the politicians, of whichever party as they're all as bad and corrupt as one another. Bring back Citizen Smith!!
                  Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                    I'd be quite happy to pay to travel on the roads but only if the Road Fund Licence was abolished and all fuel duty was abolished as well. That way those that drive the most would pay the most and many of us would be very much better off.
                    But those who drive the most ALREADY pay the most... through fuel tax. If you drive more you use more fuel and pay more tax....
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                      But those who drive the most ALREADY pay the most... through fuel tax. If you drive more you use more fuel and pay more tax....

Don't forget the 2% ( I think ) Tax on all insurance, so 4 or 6 vehicles + home ins etc. WOW it all adds up!
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally Posted by RobD

I could half see your point if you live in a narrow road and it becomes problematic getting to and from etc...but the simple fact is that some people HAVE to park on the road....as long as there taxed and insured to be left on the road at night then NO ONE can say anything about it....its a free world mate! Lets try and keep it that way or soon were going to have to trade our surfs for nissan micras!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                          Originally Posted by RobD

I could half see your point if you live in a narrow road and it becomes problematic getting to and from etc...but the simple fact is that some people HAVE to park on the road....as long as there taxed and insured to be left on the road at night then NO ONE can say anything about it....its a free world mate! Lets try and keep it that way or soon were going to have to trade our surfs for nissan micras!
                          I bought a house with a drive so I have my own parking space,it $$$$es me off when I come home from a hard days work I can't get in my drive because some knob has parked across my drive because they think they need more than one effing car!So in my opinion(and I am entitled to one) is ONE owner ONE car!This does not include businesses,farmers etc who NEED more than 1 vehicle to make a living!!!!!