No announcement yet.

Dam, Dam, Dam, I’m NOT happy!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my head done, £1200.00 on a 2.4TD. but with out it its just s$$$$ metal.

Runs great now, glad I had it done!!

Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
      Thanks, looks good but it must be auto.
      Ooooooh, I'm so tempted to try and sell you mine. Shame it's in a bit of a state. I don't think I can cope with having to buy another one either.

Comment

Hi guys, just thought you might like to see a copy of the itemised estimate the garage gave me (click on picture for a bigger view)

I have spoken to several people at my local gun club this evening who are in the motor trade and they seem to think the price is a bit on the high side. They also said that the heads would need skimming, but I can’t see any mention of this on the work sheet.
        At the moment I am leaning towards getting the Surf repaired…..
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
          Hi guys, just thought you might like to see a copy of the itemised estimate the garage gave me (click on picture for a bigger view)

I have spoken to several people at my local gun club this evening who are in the motor trade and they seem to think the price is a bit on the high side. They also said that the heads would need skimming, but I can’t see any mention of this on the work sheet.
          At the moment I am leaning towards getting the Surf repaired…..
          That doesn't seem to have any heads in it, that's for a HG replacement only, isn't it? As previously advised, take it to Stevo. I would expect 5-600 for HG replacement. I know, I've got the receipt.....

Comment

The heads need checking to see if they are flat, if not then they'll need skimming, which will be extra. But if its not overheated they might be OK.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              The heads need checking to see if they are flat, if not then they'll need skimming, which will be extra. But if its not overheated they might be OK.
              Good point Tony. The engine has not overheated and in fact I have never seen the temp gauge go any higher than the middle position. Owned the Surf since last October and it only started misfiring slightly around Christmas time.
              I spent most of January away so it was not used then.

I’ll give Stevo a call later this morning (anyone know where about he is? Looks like a Manchester area phone number)
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                Good point Tony. The engine has not overheated and in fact I have never seen the temp gauge go any higher than the middle position. Owned the Surf since last October and it only started misfiring slightly around Christmas time.
                I spent most of January away so it was not used then.

I’ll give Stevo a call later this morning (anyone know where about he is? Looks like a Manchester area phone number)
                Stockport I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                  Ooooooh, I'm so tempted to try and sell you mine. Shame it's in a bit of a state. I don't think I can cope with having to buy another one either.
                  Thanks, but condition is inportant and it would need to be the "G" spec.

Comment

Working...
                  X