Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    You're wrong this time Matt.

Reality - America invented the world (lower case intentional)

Truth - God is on their side

I wish to caveat this by saying that the ordinary American (and I know a lot of them) is just like us - apart from a lot of the southern good ol'boys who just like shooting stuff. Any stuff.

Comment

This world needs America more now than ever before. Just look at all the nations often guided by religion that are opposed to our way of life. Like Apache I know many Americans and have visited the USA loads of times. Never have I encountered trouble or anything but a polite and welcoming attitude. If there was a vote for Britain to become the 51st state then count me in. So, they may not have the history that we have but what difference does that make. History will not save this country from the global threat. We have sold off all the family silver along with the links to our former commonwealth countries. What do we have now - EU, yes Europe. What the hell does that do for us? Britain make a major financial contribution to belong each and every year. This money is then spent supporting other countries which will result in what remaining production and trade we have to go to them.

Where do you think this country will be in ten years?

Thank goodness for the USA, the last bastion of hope we have.

Comment

MattF wrote
        And they haven't done this how many times already? Not meaning the wars, that's obvious. Don't even get me started on the Time Machine.
        Wasn't the latest film version of the Time Machine directed by HG Well's grandson - he at least should have known better.

Comment

Always been my opinion as well. Give me firearms, cheap fuel and big portions of food any day

Originally posted by beaufighter
          This world needs America more now than ever before. Just look at all the nations often guided by religion that are opposed to our way of life. Like Apache I know many Americans and have visited the USA loads of times. Never have I encountered trouble or anything but a polite and welcoming attitude. If there was a vote for Britain to become the 51st state then count me in. So, they may not have the history that we have but what difference does that make. History will not save this country from the global threat. We have sold off all the family silver along with the links to our former commonwealth countries. What do we have now - EU, yes Europe. What the hell does that do for us? Britain make a major financial contribution to belong each and every year. This money is then spent supporting other countries which will result in what remaining production and trade we have to go to them.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen
            Wasn't the latest film version of the Time Machine directed by HG Well's grandson - he at least should have known better.
            Soon as they flash the money in front of them, their pathetic attempts at morals fly out of the window. Much as it may seem weird, you do actually have to give J.K Rowling a pat on the back for that. At least when they did the H.P films, she insisted on everything being kept true to the stories, even the English words.

Comment

This world needs America more now than ever before. Just look at all the nations often guided by religion that are opposed to our way of life.
              That's the only reason we need America. Now that we are no longer colonial imperialists, the zealots have a new target.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Soon as they flash the money in front of them, their pathetic attempts at morals fly out of the window. Much as it may seem weird, you do actually have to give J.K Rowling a pat on the back for that. At least when they did the H.P films, she insisted on everything being kept true to the stories, even the English words.
                Hence 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'? Philosopher is such a big word after all.

Comment

Is this a joke?

I'm with Tony on the big food though.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                    Isn't he originally from NZ.

Nev
                    You say that now it turns out he's a $$$$$$. I don't remember it coming up when he won an Oscar.

The New Zealand embassy have agreed that they will take Russell Crowe if you lot admit they invented Pavlova.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                      Hence 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'? Philosopher is such a big word after all.
                      They never altered that, did they? Must say though, if they did, that's one point I would have to agree with. The word philosopher was completely wrong for the story. It was, after all, more of a magical item.

Comment

They never altered that, did they? Must say though, if they did, that's one point I would have to agree with. The word philosopher was completely wrong for the story. It was, after all, more of a magical item.
                        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241527/

Comment

Is this a joke?

I'm with Tony on the big food though.
                          Definately no joke. Just look at the way this country is going. That useless sh!t stick Blair is selling us up the river. Do you think he will stay in Britain once his reign is over?

The USA is the worlds last hope for all that the free countries stand for.

Don't think it will happen. Anyone thinking its a joke I hope you are still able to laugh and share the laughter with following generations.

Comment

At least they only inflicted that name on the dipshi...., sorry, Americans. In a country where they can't even spell quick correctly, not surprising. Can you imagine the thought overload a twelve letter word would have caused? Closest they come to philosophy is a post game rundown.

Comment

Definately no joke. Just look at the way this country is going. That useless sh!t stick Blair is selling us up the river. Do you think he will stay in Britain once his reign is over?

The USA is the worlds last hope for all that the free countries stand for.

Don't think it will happen. Anyone thinking its a joke I hope you are still able to laugh and share the laughter with following generations.
                              I was gonna' dismiss the initial post. I'll be Mr Serene and amicable this week, I decided. There's always someone who has to ruin ones best laid plans. The American ruling regime is nothing more than that. They are a despotic dictatorship. They are no better than any of the countries they have supposedly liberated. They are, in all honesty, far worse. At least the dictatorships they have overthrown have never tried to shroud their iron rule in a fabricated myth of democracy and free will. Also, America has instigated and nurtured a sizable amount of the people and countries which they now class as a terrorist threat. It's their own pig headed arrogance coming back to bite them in the arse, nothing more.

Comment

At least they only inflicted that name on the dipshi...., sorry, Americans. In a country where they can't even spell quick correctly, not surprising. Can you imagine the thought overload a twelve letter word would have caused? Closest they come to philosophy is a post game rundown.
                                Don't you think that the (mis) spelling actually makes a point. Give me one word that the americans have altered the spelling on that actually does not make sense.

Just think, if they can do this with our spelling then what could they do with our politics. They may just sort that out as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X