auto lock into 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto lock into 2nd

is it possible to get the 3l auto to lock into 2nd so it doesnt start off in 1st, or change down when the revs drop

why?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

This you practising your driving techniques for the weekend???
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by iainanderson924
        is it possible to get the 3l auto to lock into 2nd so it doesnt start off in 1st, or change down when the revs drop
        Short of removing 1st gear from the box..........NO!
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

if its just for off road use just put it into 2 on the selector and press the 4wd button if you think you need it or the L position and then the 4wd button when needed
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            if its just for off road use just put it into 2 on the selector and press the 4wd button if you think you need it or the L position and then the 4wd button when needed
            in 2, it will still start off in 1st, just won't go into 3

Comment

yea smithy heheheheeh

had an afternoon at glentarkie, just sos i dont ambarrass myself

for those others, being able to lock into 2nd can give you a better engine torque to surface transmission, good for steep ascents, you can do it with 3l auto but you have to gun it to get it to change up, then you can back off a bit. If it gets tricky, the tranny will change down to 1st and its likely the tyres will then slip due to too much torque /not enough traction.

answer would be fully locking diffs instead of the limited slip ones. I had also thought about 1/4 ton of sand over back axle.... anyone tried that?

Oh by the way, surf defended its honour admirably against all the centre landies

Comment

never had a problem with getting up steep slopes...

can you use 1H instead of 1L??

Comment

good idea

but
                  then youll have to stop all the time to shift transfer to 4l 1st, not handy if its all ups and downs although contrary to manual, my abs seems to operate down to snale crawl and can prob deal with most downhils,

ill try and and see

Comment

In the forest,i usually stick it into L4 and D,then select 1 or 2 of slope/conditions change.
                    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Working...
                    X