Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpledoris
    Oh be charitable - anyone can have an accident!!
    I just happened to have a rather stupid one whilst trying to reverse bunnyhop over a telegraph pole!At least I haven't scraped the roof yet driving under a height barrier (although I was a bit concerned that I might not get under the one at Heathrow!), like the story I read when I first joined the old forum!Oh well - didn't get much h**vering done anyway so wasn't an entirely bad day!

lou
    gerrof back to the kitchen with you
    Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

No. I have only just come out of the kitchen. Now i'm going out in my car to try and massacre more telegraph poles!
      But i should be given a reprieve cause it was a really stupid place to leave a t. pole, honest ossifer.
      Oh well, it certainly won't happen again - the firm who own the teensy weensy strip of land behind my house have cottoned on to the fact that we've stuck in some huge double gates and are going to take us to court for having an unapproved vehicular access or trespass or whistlin' on a Tuesday or something like that!! So we are back to on street parking! (easier to get the shopping in though)

Wish me luck in court!

Lou

Comment

while waiting to pick up my new surf today (which wont be ready till tomorrow now) i spent the day on the phone to various ins co.s, and i found out something fairly obvious and yet still interesting.
        on average the ins co will load my premium by approx £100 should either my wife or i pick up 3 points for speeding. fair enough. but points stay on your license for 3 years i believe, and this combined with the £65 proposed fine for doing (eg 45 in a 40 zone), gives you a total figure of £365.
        now then a snooper sr6 neo radar laser and gps speed trap detector costs approx £400 and is perfectly legal, and whats more a recent mori poll showed that drivers with speed trap detectors to be 24%less likely to have an accident.
        now im not interested in going around breaking speed limits and with 15 years driving and no points , not even a parking ticket i think my driving backs that up but with the gvt announcing that the no of speed traps is to rise from 4000 (currently) to 11000 this has got to be a worthwhile investment.
        has any body got one or is any body thinking of getting one.
        I must admit i am seriously considering it.

Comment

Hi,

I have used one for 2 years now(since the court case that made them legal) I had only had one fine in 18 years but because there are so many cameras and I do so many miles it is well worth it.

It is easy to blow your licence in a day trip. I went to Edinborough recently and counted 17 active cameras from Berwick to Edi. on the A1 and 22 from Dalkieth to Jedborough(A68) on the way back.

Mine cost £120 but although it covers most bands and laser, it will need to be changed soon to make sure It covers all traps.

The main time it saves me is if I go somewhere new and your speed can creep up and you can miss a camera while you are frantically reading signs.

I am hoping I didn't get done yesterday though because I didn't notice the Durham camera van Sitting back from the road on the opposite side, until I was about 300 yds from it and was about 4 mph over still as the limit changes there(sneeky sods!!!).

I highly recomend them!!1

Phil..

Comment

Same as someone said above: Direct Line insure my slightly modified 4Runner for around 560 as well.
            @africa4x4cafe
            [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H
              Hi,

I agree. I have a similar quote and have spent the last 2 days trying to beat it. How do people get these £280 quotes???? I spoke to Keith in washington last night and He suggested Liverpool Victoria but they will not now cover an auto Surf. They recon the underwriters are being real fussy at the moment. (take your money for years then clam up if they think there is a chance you might claim!!!!)

Phil
              I think mine is quite low (£279 Full comp) as I live in a country village, have no points, a full no claims, noone else drives it, it's locked up at night, and I only do about 8000 miles a year.
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                I think mine is quite low (£279 Full comp) as I live in a country village, have no points, a full no claims, noone else drives it, it's locked up at night, and I only do about 8000 miles a year.
                linda thats cheap who is it with
                [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                [size=5][/size]
                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Mine is similar to Linda's. Perhaps because us ladies are far less likely to have an accident and are better drivers ( don't go down that road)!!

Seriously, I have a 96 x 3.0td auto. My insurance also covers hubby. We both have full NCB. We live in eastbourne.

Insurance ( fully comp ) £300 excess but legal protection, windscreen cover, protected NCB etc is with TESCO'S!! £289 per year!

I was quoted £760 by my old broker. He got a bit funny when I told him I was leaving to join Tesco's. Nevermind eh?

cheryl
                  xx

Comment

Try Liverpool Victoria.I'm 30 with full NCD etc...
                    Car kept on street overnight,they don't care about mods or security.
                    400 fully comp with protected NCD and business use and a named driver also.
                    Paul.
                    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Insurance

Haden and Welbeck in KENT are worth a try. Tel. 01322 430141- £297 Fully Comp, Protected no claims for 44 year old and 39 year old wife to drive . Thats for a 2.4 92 Surf. They advertise in the 4x4 magizines

Comment

I found one called Footman and James. £360 a year for 3.0 diesel SSR-G. 4y no claims bonus. When you take a second car over, the no claims bonus goes for the 2nd car too.

www.footmanjames.co.uk.

Comment

Oh God, I'm moist.....
                          French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Working...
                          X