Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Just got off the phone to Tesco about the A-bar and the very nice man said that they do not show up as a chargable modification so there is no extra to pay. He will make a note on my file that I asked about it and that was that. What a pleasent surprise!!!! Normall you would expect a question like that to attract at least a £50 extra charge!!!

Off to polish the bar now that it is staying on...

Phil...

Comment

Well would you believe it!! I followed the link on Club Toyota's site and guess what their response was?

" I am very sorry but we do not insure grey imports"
      not even their own bloomin' motors, i ask you what is the world coming to, grumble, grumble.

Oh and a sympathy vote please for tomorrow I will be ..............

SURFLESS

Guess I'll have to do something constructive like H**ver*ng(aaagh)

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        APlan Insurance 0845 071 1234
        £279 fully comp full protected NCB on mine.

That's not one of those "women only" insurance companies is it?Run by women for women?
        Last edited by RobD; 9 September 2003, 20:15.
        Powered by ????

Comment

I tried em all and found Adrian Flux the best quote. £ 390 fully comp/protected n/c with the missus on as well. 96 ssrx 3.o
          You can get the number from 192. Wll 118 what ever now. I know he's based in Norfolk. I live in Stoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
            Well would you believe it!! I followed the link on Club Toyota's site and guess what their response was?

" I am very sorry but we do not insure grey imports"
            not even their own bloomin' motors, i ask you what is the world coming to, grumble, grumble.

Oh and a sympathy vote please for tomorrow I will be ..............

SURFLESS

Guess I'll have to do something constructive like H**ver*ng(aaagh)

Lou
            A fair and just penance for the willfull damage of a surf.
            I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by PEP
              I tried em all and found Adrian Flux the best quote. £ 390 fully comp/protected n/c with the missus on as well. 96 ssrx 3.o
              You can get the number from 192. Wll 118 what ever now. I know he's based in Norfolk. I live in Stoke.
              118 500 , i'm not biased though (and just an excuse to post 50 and be intermediate surfer)
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Wind Deflectors

Hiya

New to all this... I'm the owner of the J-reg SSR-G Linda spotted being brushed 'n' polished in the Basingstoke Station car park. (Hi Linda).

Regarding the query about wind deflectors - I've got a full set (albeit ten years old) which I've just taken off (hate the way they look, personally). Pay the postage, and they're yours. They're not perfect - the pad which is sandwiched between the plastic and the bodywork is a bit crap and in places is missing (having stayed stuck to the door frame not the deflector), but ... hey... they're free if you're interested.

Cheers

Paul.
                Paul L

http://www.webwhirled.co.uk/image/niceperson.gif

Comment

Originally posted by PaulL
                  Hiya

New to all this... I'm the owner of the J-reg SSR-G Linda spotted being brushed 'n' polished in the Basingstoke Station car park. (Hi Linda).

Regarding the query about wind deflectors - I've got a full set (albeit ten years old) which I've just taken off (hate the way they look, personally). Pay the postage, and they're yours. They're not perfect - the pad which is sandwiched between the plastic and the bodywork is a bit crap and in places is missing (having stayed stuck to the door frame not the deflector), but ... hey... they're free if you're interested.

Cheers

Paul.
                  put me down for them paul send me a pm
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hey, thanx to everyone who responded with good advice. At least I have somewhere to shop around, though it sounds like my £400 for fully comp isn't too bad as it includes legal and my wife to drive also.
                    Cheers - GSi

Comment

Hi,

I agree. I have a similar quote and have spent the last 2 days trying to beat it. How do people get these £280 quotes???? I spoke to Keith in washington last night and He suggested Liverpool Victoria but they will not now cover an auto Surf. They recon the underwriters are being real fussy at the moment. (take your money for years then clam up if they think there is a chance you might claim!!!!)

Phil

Comment

mine is £900 Fully comp with Flux - Why am I being stung ?

Scouse, 31yrs old, 2 Yrs NCB.

What an Arse.

Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Ouch!! that does sound steep. It is probably because of your postcode and lack of no claime.

I used to live in a Glasgow postcode and saw a big fall in premium when I moved.

Was that with Tesco???

Phil.

Comment

That was me, I hate Tesco.
                            '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

No Flux.
                              Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Oh be charitable - anyone can have an accident!!
                                I just happened to have a rather stupid one whilst trying to reverse bunnyhop over a telegraph pole!At least I haven't scraped the roof yet driving under a height barrier (although I was a bit concerned that I might not get under the one at Heathrow!), like the story I read when I first joined the old forum!Oh well - didn't get much h**vering done anyway so wasn't an entirely bad day!

lou

Comment

Working...
                                X