2nd gen low fuel light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho
    I have a V6. The empty light comes on approximately every five minutes. The needle has never stayed still long enough to see how much I have left when the light comes on.

Does it heat up on re-entry into the empty zone?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Does it heat up on re-entry into the empty zone?
      I think it might be melting the plastic on the gauge. Driving to the Alps was scary, stopping every three hours to chuck another 50 litres in.

Comment

I think it might be melting the plastic on the gauge. Driving to the Alps was scary, stopping every three hours to chuck another 50 litres in.

Must have been half price over there though eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Must have been half price over there though eh?
          Nearly the same now Diesel's cheaper still.

They have LPG everywhere though, so may think about a conversion. I only do about 5,000 miles a year so it would take a bit of time to pay for itself......

Maybe some go-faster toys to make me have gone further in the three hours the fuel takes to run out instead.

Comment

Nearly the same now Diesel's cheaper still.

They have LPG everywhere though, so may think about a conversion. I only do about 5,000 miles a year so it would take a bit of time to pay for itself......

Maybe some go-faster toys to make me have gone further in the three hours the fuel takes to run out instead.

I always drive fast when low on fuel, so I can get home before it runs out!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
              My question is this.

When is this light supposed to come on??? I got my truck between empty and 1/4 and it still never came on. Is the light supposed to illuminate when the ignition is turned on? If it does, then I've either got a fcuk'd sender or light has gone....
              Mine was on all the time......till i took the bulb out :P
              sparkz
              http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
              X