Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen low fuel light

My question is this.

When is this light supposed to come on??? I got my truck between empty and 1/4 and it still never came on. Is the light supposed to illuminate when the ignition is turned on? If it does, then I've either got a fcuk'd sender or light has gone....

Originally posted by M35A2
    My question is this.

When is this light supposed to come on??? I got my truck between empty and 1/4 and it still never came on. Is the light supposed to illuminate when the ignition is turned on? If it does, then I've either got a fcuk'd sender or light has gone....
    mine came on when needle was right on empty i live dangerously
    was actually wanting too see if it worked
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      mine came on when needle was right on empty i live dangerously
      was actually wanting too see if it worked

Has the 1KZTE engine got a self bleed fuel pump? I might have to carry a jerry can and run it right down to see if it works....???

Comment

I think the light comes on at around 8 litres left,or well into red section of gauge. I have once driven with the light on for about 40 km before i found a filling station (scary) without any bother - but would recommend keeping above 1/4 level to save getting sh1te into your fuel lines/filter/injectors.

edit - to see if it works you may be able to get the level down low then park on a steep bank to fool sender float unit. - or even just syphon all your fuel out!
        Last edited by jaky cakes; 16 January 2007, 21:05.
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Has the 1KZTE engine got a self bleed fuel pump? I might have to carry a jerry can and run it right down to see if it works....???

Mine comes on, the needle's width below the empty mark.
          When the light comes on, there's supposed to be 1 gallon of diesel in the tank.

Comment

I NEVER run mine lower than a quarter tank. But was just wondering why I've never even seen a light???

Comment

It's around 8-10 ltrs left when it comes on. Park facing up a steep hill to fool the sensor.

I usually run it until the light is steady on (it'll come on intermittantly first). Never had a problem as far as I know from doing that.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

I NEVER run mine lower than a quarter tank. But was just wondering why I've never even seen a light???
                Me neither, dont want it running out and sucking all the $hite through, if it waits till theres only a gall left it's cutting it a bit fine aint it, it'd be better comeing on when the needle's on the last line,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

had mine on solid driving out of ruthin ( n wales )and that is a long hill with that light on plus the extra 10 + miles to the station but all good.
                  john
                  i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Me neither, dont want it running out and sucking all the $hite through, if it waits till theres only a gall left it's cutting it a bit fine aint it, it'd be better comeing on when the needle's on the last line,
                    I'm the same. I'd be horrified if I ever let it go below a 1/4.

Comment

just keep a few bottles of veg in the back
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The light is often on in Linda's truck, usually after I've used it the day before, and she's in a hurry to go out......

It doesn't matter if you run out of fuel, just put a can of derv it, pump the primer a couple of times and off it goes.

As for the never letting it got less than 1/4 thing, I look at it like this, if you believe it and always fill up before its empty, you're virtually garrenteed to have gunk in the bottom, so the one time you need to stretch out the tank full, you're more likely to run into trouble.

If you think its all hype, and you let it go right down like we do, it will never accumilate much dirt, as its always getting cleaned out every tank full.

You pay for a fuel filter, let it do its job! nothing significant willget past it into the motor.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just out of interest how many dashboard lights should be on during preheat before start, I only have 4 on (5 including the engine check LED)..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I have a V6. The empty light comes on approximately every five minutes. The needle has never stayed still long enough to see how much I have left when the light comes on.
                            Last edited by Sancho; 17 January 2007, 00:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                              I have a V6. The empty light comes on approximately every five minutes. The needle has never stayed still long enough to see how much I have left when the light comes on.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X