No announcement yet.

Toyota Don't like surfs......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he can keep his sonic screwdriver, i have just been given a set of ratchet spanners!!!!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      he can keep his sonic screwdriver, i have just been given a set of ratchet spanners!!!!
      You have an unhealthy obsession with those spanners.........I want some.

Originally posted by plumb bob
      Dr Who?
      www.4x4toys.co.uk free screwdriver/empty coke can with every service

Comment

MMMMMM my dealer is full of mofo sales men/woman, but the parts and service guys seem to be okay, there not intrested in the name,,, Just the chassie code... if it has a Code and its a Toyota they'll do it... mind you there very expensive !!!!!! I bought filters from them and they are fine, But i get a Guy in Stevenage to do run of the mill work and he is very good....

Comment

I went to a Toyota dealer in Rayleigh Essex and they were not interested in supplying parts as mine was an impot. I went in with the chassis number but felt as though I was getting a telling off for buying the vehicle. I was even told that the vehicle was probably not safe and should not be on the road. On a more positive note the dealer in chelmsford was very helpful and can even supply paint.

thankfully though I have discovered Milners who have been able to supply anything that I have needed mechanically. So with Costco oil the servicing and repair costs are the cheapest I have had for any vehicle.

Comment

The dealer in Northampton (while not sorting the wheel bearing / diff problem thoroughly because they don't "do" diffs, although they did give me the number of someone who does) have never refused my Surf on the grounds that it's an Import.

In fact, they have been willing to spend the extra time with me going through parts diagrams to be certain that what they're going to do is correct simply becasue they've not got the previous experience that they would have with, say, a Corolla.

I'd be happy to suggest you take yours there if it wasn't so far away form you.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              The dealer at Barnsley is always helpful. They never say anything regarding it
              being an import, and they make no fuss of ordering parts for one. Can't fault
              our local dealer.
              Hi Matt
              Do you mean the Toyota garage at Claycliff roundabout who's name escapes me but drive past it every week ?
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Same here, the one in waterlooville is very good, no question of imports and the young guy insisted on carrying the two batterys out to the truck for me, (in his suit) and they were cheaper than other places, Report the duff ones to head office,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                  Hi Matt
                  Do you mean the Toyota garage at Claycliff roundabout who's name escapes me but drive past it every week ?
                  Yup. Pentagon. They're extremely helpful when it comes to ordering
                  anything for the Surf. Even with the Venture, which is South African, they
                  knew they'd probably not be able to get spares for it, but enquired anyhow.
                  Their parts dept has always been top notch.

Comment

Cheers Matt
                    drove past them this morning to go to Dearne FM saw a beautiful Black Surf with lots of chrome sat on the service road abt 9ish (Mreg 3.0ltr)
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Inchcape at Kidlington are great. The parts guy there is a diamond. He can get anthing for the truck, even the dacals. No problems with Surfs there.

Comment

its not Toyota so much as "Toyota UK"

I have this problem a lot with my motorbikes - I've bought EU and grey import Hondas and Suzukis before now and the "registered dealers" try and punish you by refusing to service your bike or dealing with any warranty issues.

its just a price you pay for not paying the levy on UK registered bikes.

although why I should be able to buy a bike in Germany - add the cost of shipping anfd still be quids in is still a mystery to me.

Comment

Originally posted by murphcbr6

although why I should be able to buy a bike in Germany - add the cost of shipping and still be quids in is still a mystery to me.
                          AFAIK it is because we actually pay LESS tax on new vehicles than elsewhere in Europe. So to make the most profit/sorry, make prices comparable, the base price of UK cars, less tax, is far higher than in the rest of Europe. So, if you buy elsewhere, you pay a lower base price (i.e. before taxes), and then pay the (low) UK taxes on your new car.

I can only think that Gordon Brown hasn't cottoned on to this yet, as I can't see the greedy b@st@rd settling for us having the lowest taxes in Europe on ANYTHING.
                          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            Inchcape at Kidlington are great. The parts guy there is a diamond. He can get anthing for the truck, even the dacals. No problems with Surfs there.
                            Yep

Inchcape at Kidlington , parts guys are mustard! Can even mail small items! They know their stuff and understand imports too. Service dept did my recall, nowt fancy just a good job done.
                            www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

when lookin to change my car . Was lookin through the Import magazine and Import sites for a Scooby.

Found that you could get a RHD Scooby [from Belgium] on the Road for 16,000 quid plus 500 quid for an extended european warranty, whereas Subaru UK garages wanted 21,000 to 22,000 quid.

They were even suggesting a saving of 3,000 on the Jag X-Type even before the X-Type was in our garages!

PS: Toyota Bolton have been fine with me to-date, although I have gone in with majority of the information
                              Gaz

Comment

"I have this problem a lot with my motorbikes - I've bought EU and grey import Hondas and Suzukis before now and the "registered dealers" try and punish you by refusing to service your bike or dealing with any warranty issues.

its just a price you pay for not paying the levy on UK registered bikes"

This was sorted years ago and they are obliged to cover all imported bikes so long as they conform to UK legistlation and there is no get out on the headlight / speedo point. All EU registered vehicles conform to the same standards. This was a big conversation in Grey Bike when it was run by Plan Z publishing.

As for dealers try not to use them prefer to deal with a local garage and if possible source my own parts and when it comes to the bikes DIY!

Comment

Working...
                                X