No announcement yet.

Rubbish Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a meastro once after my renault 9 caught fire (went from bad to worse) The Meastro was an ok but I was told if I took it on for MOT the car would be impounded for being totally unroad-worthy! Think that was the garage's excuse to just get another meastro off the road and force me to get a better car. So I got a Renault 5 ran that for a year and then went to be the pround owner of a Lada Samara.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

thats some choice of cars there chap! you didn't go to art college did you?

only thing missing there is a 2cv
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

lol haven't thought about owning a 2cv and I studied construction, my colouring in wasn't good enough for art collage. After the Lada I had a Deawoo Espero (rebuilt Cavalier) which suffered frequent electrical failure, then got a Suzuki Vitara which was pretty good fun. But Fancied getting something bigger and more fun so now I got my surf

Comment

at least you done good in the end!

every cabbie i know that ever had any vauxhall for the job had nothing but problems with the electrics. it's the only thing put me off buying an omega few years back.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

the cavliers are good, but the Espero was built by Deawoo so guess they didn't do as good job as Vaxhall. Plus they used the Eco-tech engines which were gutless. Yeah done good now, had my tonka toy since March now and it's even better with this website

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
              lol haven't thought about owning a 2cv and I studied construction, my colouring in wasn't good enough for art collage. After the Lada I had a Deawoo Espero (rebuilt Cavalier) which suffered frequent electrical failure, then got a Suzuki Vitara which was pretty good fun. But Fancied getting something bigger and more fun so now I got my surf
              my m8 has a surf and he had a vitara before his as well
              Cheers

Alex

Comment

Well - the worst of all my cars was the Mk1 Golf which I had for 3 years and wouldn't start if it rained somewhere nearby, like Luton!. My 17 yr old Marina 1.3 coupe was better! Had a Talbot Samba which was a fab little car but the following Hyundai Stellar must rate as one of the worst cars ever along with the Lancia Delta HF Turbo -great until it went wrong!
                My surf is most definitely the best car I have owned although for fuel economy, general running costs and insurance etc (and don't shoot me down guys) the best was the Skoda Fabia.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                  at least you done good in the end!

every cabbie i know that ever had any vauxhall for the job had nothing but problems with the electrics. it's the only thing put me off buying an omega few years back.
                  I used to have a proper cavalier (1987 1.6 rocket ship ). It was brilliant and never went wrong. Outstanding torque-steer too .

My old man had an Omega and it was terrible. The bottom blew out of the block on the motorway (very stylish F1 style 'rooster tail' of oil smoke). Everything else about it was sh1t too. Terrible cars.

Comment

1990 ROVER 820si Cost me a fortune.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      1990 ROVER 820si Cost me a fortune.
                      And on the flip side...
                      I had an '88 Rover 827 Vitesse. 2.7 litre V6, immense fun, and reliable..
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                        And on the flip side...
                        My 820 started blowing relays on the Fuel Injection it cost me £40 a week.
                        Also had an 827 Vitesse shame about the Front Wheel Drive though.
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                          And on the flip side...
                          i had a couple of the rover sd1 vittesses.fawking brilliant car,but also a rust bucket.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                            i had a couple of the rover sd1 vittesses.fawking brilliant car,but also a rust bucket.
                            I had a GOLD 2600. Good car. Weird place to put the choke eh!
                            Twin SU's
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

I had an old Volvo (B reg) that used oil and water like it was going out of fashion. Luckily some idiot stole it and the engine blew up on the M6 - but at least it made it over the border.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                                I had a GOLD 2600. Good car. Weird place to put the choke eh!
                                Twin SU's
                                actually i think it was quite a good place,putting it right were you rested your arm.in the centre consul,my mate had a 2600 with a flat spot.every time he pulled away from a junction he had to pull the choke up as he floored it.otherwise it wouldnt go.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X