Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions...

Guys

I have 275\70\R16 tyres on, can anyone tell me what the tyre pressure should be for those? What do you guys have them at?

Are these the standard wheels size for a surf? What tyres size came as standard?

Thanks Guys....
    [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

I have the same size tyres & I have them at 30psi all round. They are not the standard size tyre. On the drivers door pillar (B post) there should be a decal with the standard tyre size & pressure listed. (On a 3rd Gen).
    Last edited by lclascaris; 4 December 2006, 12:51.

Comment

Mine was imported with the same tyre size as you, the door piller says 2 bar i put 32 psi which is slightly over 2 bar. If this is not the right tyre size then what is? Mine has no info on the door piller about tyre size
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
        Mine has no info on the door piller about tyre size
        Have a look in the glove box.

Nev

Comment

The decal on my 3rd Gen states 215/80/16. Which must be the standard tyre size used. My spare is still this size fitted to a steel rim. I suppose I should get it changed to be the same as the others, in case I get a puncture.

Comment

I have mine set at 36 pSI as that is what Tanvics said they should be according to their book...30 seems very low...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
              I have mine set at 36 pSI as that is what Tanvics said they should be according to their book...30 seems very low...!!!
              You must have a lively ride. 30 is more normal.

Comment

Hehe, it is quite lively...may drop it to 30 to see if that helps.

I asked about the wandering and was told it could be due to having fat tyres, what would be the best to fit in this case? I have 275 70 16 so would dropping them to 225 etc look odd on the truck?

Comment

What make tyres do you have fitted? and are they directional tyres?

Comment

I have Michelins on thefront and Dunlops on the back...I believe they are directional...

Comment

Working...
                    X